Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

High wattage 23watt LED Bulb €8eur

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

5watt was the largest wattage I got from DEALZ last - said on the box =60w and it didnt, it was more like 40w brightness ... but i stuck with them and in about 2 months if that .. kaput, stopped working - didnt seem so much a bargain then

I've about 20 for the last year, all still going strong.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,794 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

CFL, fecking enormous things, you could guide airplanes in with them on the foggiest of nights.. .....

lovely - I am tempted in getting one of those 125watt CFL bulbs off ebay for our kitchen we got a normal hanging down pendant , I bet it will be huge , supposed to throw out a massive 525watts incandescent equivilent ... but I think maybe it will be too bright!

look at this bad boy:

125w-2700k-CFL-

delly wrote: »
    I've about 20 for the last year, all still going strong.

thats good to hear - the ones in the blue box?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,632 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

If there are any electrolytic capacitors in there life expectancy plummets with high temperature. Lamps last significantly longer in base down installations as the heat rises away from the electronics.
    Oddly enough the incadescents last longer when hanging down. Better cooling airflow, but very, very different temperatures.

Also its is common for chinese bulbs to use a capacitor dropper circuit in which case there could be unisolated mains on the soldered wires at the front.
    Which is one reason to HATE edison screw. With bayonet you never have to retighten a bulb, so less exposure.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,632 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

so are incandescent bulbs and cookers
    Oddly enough incandescent bulbs are used in electric ovens where LED's or CFL's wouldn't last too long.

And they are 95% efficient*

*At generating heat, but like it's an electric oven so yeah.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

thats good to hear - the ones in the blue box?

Can't recall I'm afraid.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

lovely - I am tempted in getting one of those 125watt CFL bulbs off ebay for our kitchen we got a normal hanging down pendant , I bet it will be huge , supposed to throw out a massive 525watts incandescent equivilent ... but I think maybe it will be too bright!

look at this bad boy:

125w-2700k-CFL-

Very similar to the 5500k ones- I have them in 3 * clusters- any kids who come into the house sound like Gremlins- 'bright light...... bright light...... bright light.......'

Have to dig out that DVD again..........

Very similar to the 5500k ones- I have them in 3 * clusters- any kids who come into the house sound like Gremlins- 'bright light...... bright light...... bright light.......'

Have to dig out that DVD again..........

ooh dont tempt me - those 2 lamp spotlite ES fittings you can still buy in Homebase (maybe, unless they have all gone to the bi-pin 50w dichloric halogen type now) - I could put 3 of those 125w warm white CFL's off ebay in the kitchen pumping out 1,500watts of light - now that would be a bright Kitchen! .. could even do away with the undercupboard lighting! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Lando Griffins OTHER HALF

Are these those really bright yokes or are they like normal bulbs?

Are these those really bright yokes or are they like normal bulbs?

oh the high powered ones should be very bright - a 125watt cfl should throw out as much light as a 500w halogen pir lamp ... should do

• Advertisement
Advertisement