Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

temp contract in civil service,

• 13-07-2018 2:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Can anyone tell me what refunds i can apply for after 18 months contract is up. Pension etc. Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Ygritte

If you don't plan on working in the public/civil service again then you can claim back your pension contributions. Ask your supervisor where you get the form. It was just given to me to fill out before I left. When I was a TCO a few years ago so they just do it before you leave. Takes a few weeks to get the money back though and I think it's subject to tax aswell from what I can remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 JamesCushnan

Ygritte wrote: »
    If you don't plan on working in the public/civil service again then you can claim back your pension contributions. Ask your supervisor where you get the form. It was just given to me to fill out before I left. When I was a TCO a few years ago so they just do it before you leave. Takes a few weeks to get the money back though and I think it's subject to tax aswell from what I can remember.

Thanks was in contact with peoplepoint and my manager has put it in. And as you said it will take along time. Did you get it all back or what did they take off you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Ygritte

I think I was taxed at 20% on it, but still got more than I thought back. I was only a TCO for 10 weeks though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Liam D Ferguson

Thanks was in contact with peoplepoint and my manager has put it in. And as you said it will take along time. Did you get it all back or what did they take off you

It's 20% tax.

Advertisement