Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Bike

Options
  • 13-07-2018 8:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭

Hi folks I am in the market for a new bike and looking for some recommendations.

I'm eligible for BTW scheme and have started doing a bit of looking online but the choice is enormous.

I think a hybrid is the best option for me,it will be a mix of good and bad roads/surfaces and I prefer the set up of hybrid to a road bike and I definitely don't need a mountain bike.

I dont foresee myself going on many long/competitive cycles so thats another reason I'm going away from road.

Is it best to look for a bike close to the €1000 threshold or is there good bargains to be had at lower prices?

Sorry about all the questions, been a while since I was buying bikes regularly.What are must have components etc

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,571 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

There is always the mantra that the more you spend the more you save.

It’s true to an extent but you’ve still spent more and not everyone can afford to.

I recently bought a Trek2 Hybrid and with the bike and a few bits it was €660

I added mudguards, better seat, rear rack, trip computer and an adjustable stem so I could adjust handlebar height.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,514 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Hybrids are fantastic bikes, very comfortable, check out as many different brands as you can, as in, get a sit on them, rent some bikes for the day, if possible, you ll know yourself after a while. Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭DanDublin1982

I'm impatiently waiting for my hr to approve my BTW for this beauty. (Edit: Cube Hyde race for anyone who doesn't want to click the link)

http://www.cyclesuperstore.ie/shop/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=119119

• Registered Users Posts: 29,514 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

I'm impatiently waiting for my hr to approve my BTW for this beauty. (Edit: Cube Hyde race for anyone who doesn't want to click the link)

http://www.cyclesuperstore.ie/shop/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=119119

nice job, ive been using a cube enduro for the last couple of years, very happy with it

Advertisement