Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tour de France 2018, July 13, Stage 7: Fougères > Chartres

Options
  • 13-07-2018 9:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭

Date: Friday 13th July
    Type: Flat
    Distance: 231 km
    Start/Finish: Fougères > Chartres

Stage Map:
    455673.jpg

Stage Profile:
    455674.jpg

The General Classification after Stage 6:
    455672.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

Looking at the profile would make you think that echelons might play a role in how today pans out.

Longest stage of the tour too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,320 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

MLVc.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

^^^^^^
    I laughed out loud in the office when I saw that :O

Would have been something if that group with De Gendt got away but as Sean Kelly said "This is going to be a long day" especially for the solo rider out front.

The sole rider in front was arguing with his team car, "I know it's the tour de france" he shouted. Clearly not happy about is situation with 100km to go still :D

EDIT: Splits !!!!!! and after they've been napping all day so far. Movistar and AG2R driving it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

agh, I had a feeling Dan might have been caught out when I saw there'd been a split :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

All back together

UAE were slow to get the chase into gear. Dan was driving it in at the front by himself with one or two lads freewheeling away in the bunch

• Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Nice day to be out on a solo breakaway, good tv time for the team too

Adam Blythe has been good on Eurosport this week. Hopefully they get Jo to stay for a few stages when she's there for La Course next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭irishrover99

I know he's proved me wrong before but Cav is done and even in his interview he seems to realise it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

I know he's proved me wrong before but Cav is done and even in his interview he seems to realise it.

seen him been interviewed on itv and eurosport and he seems so chilled and
    un-cav like.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

Jeez, that was a brutally boring stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Kittel finished 118th :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,786 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Think you'll see him retire at the end of this season, he just can't match these lads anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

neris wrote: »
    seen him been interviewed on itv and eurosport and he seems so chilled and
    un-cav like.

Children will have that effect on an ageing sportsman especially when money has been made already and the youth are at the top.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Wonder are a few of the other "older" sprinters done aswell. Kristoff, kittel, greipel and degenkolb

neris wrote: »
    Wonder are a few of the other "older" sprinters done aswell. Kristoff, kittel, greipel and degenkolb

Degenkolb has not been at the races for quite a while since the finger incident.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭f1000

I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned how Cav came around Kristoff and flicked his bike or is that all part of the sprint?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭harringtonp

Be more interested to know what has happened kittel rather than cav. He is younger and was so dominant in sprints a few years back

Be more interested to know what has happened kittel rather than cav. He is younger and was so dominant in sprints a few years back

Lidl don't do Alpecin hair shampoo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,320 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    Lidl don't do Alpecin hair shampoo.

Or maybe Alpecin dont do Lidl hair shampoo?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭coco0981

Thought of this quote reading that

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Cav is too good to out with a whimper, hope he can at least go close on one stage

I feel for the guy. For the last 18 months or so it's been one thing after another. Shows serious character to get back on the bike each time and compete.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,687 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

That's it at the top tier of road racing by the sounds of that interview alright. Great career and maybe time to get out while still in one piece.

Love to see his directness on tv in the future, keeping Kirby in line.

lmao Bora rider left hung out in a solo break at the start today and says to hell with this and stops for a comfort break then stands and claps the peleton and give them a thumbs up as they pass and rejoins them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,786 ✭✭✭✭dahat

So I'm at home alone today with an injury so can't cycle but do I put myself through hours of boredom watching this?

It's worth it for the pelobants at the minute, Sagan back in the cars chatting with quickstep DS then moves up through the cars waving at the other DS sees Nibali with his hand up for service and goes to high 5 him :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    Degenkolb has not been at the races for quite a while since the finger incident.

Such a pity - on top of his game he was top class

Advertisement