Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coffee machine fault 3 months!

Options
  • 13-07-2018 10:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Bought a coffee machine from Argos in April and didn’t take out the insurance they offer.

It has some fault as it just keeps clicking itself off after about 5 seconds.

Would it be Argos or manufacturer that I should contact? Who is more likely to help?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

You dont need their insurance, its nonsense.
    Your rights are always with the retailer.
    Argos are known for their stellar customer care - bring it back to the returns desk.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,188 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Argos. Even without insurance the thing will have a basic warranty of a year, maybe 2. Bring it down to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Xterminator

You dont need their insurance, its nonsense.

Its not nonsense. It gives you extra benefits on top of your statutory ones. In particular it covers accidental damage, which when you are buying a kids console etc can be well worth it.

OP do you have a proof of purchase, receipt, credit card receipt, etc? Bring the coffee maker, & proof of purchase to argos service desk, and tell them whats going on. You will most likely walk away with a new unit, assuming the damage isn't obviously caused by you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

This was happening the machine we have in work, kept turning off after a few seconds but would work if you held down the button.

Al lit needed was re-calibrating, yours might be similar.

If not, bring it back and let Argos repair/replace/refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Its not nonsense. It gives you extra benefits on top of your statutory ones. In particular it covers accidental damage, which when you are buying a kids console etc can be well worth it.

OP do you have a proof of purchase, receipt, credit card receipt, etc? Bring the coffee maker, & proof of purchase to argos service desk, and tell them whats going on. You will most likely walk away with a new unit, assuming the damage isn't obviously caused by you.

Yeh, I have the receipt. I might take it up to them and see what they say . .

• Advertisement

amcalester wrote: »
    This was happening the machine we have in work, kept turning off after a few seconds but would work if you held down the button.

Al lit needed was re-calibrating, yours might be similar.

If not, bring it back and let Argos repair/replace/refund.

Did you recalibtrate it or did you get it done by a professional ? Like you said, when you hold down the button it stays on so the machine itself sort of works...

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭HelgaWard

Argos are great for returning faulty goods once you have your receipt. They'll give you a new one straight away if they have it in stock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

Drumpot wrote: »
    Did you recalibtrate it or did you get it done by a professional ? Like you said, when you hold down the button it stays on so the machine itself sort of works...

Wasn't me but it was done by someone in the office with instructions from the help line because we didn't have a manual.

It only took a few minutes and it's been fine since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Drumpot wrote: »
    Yeh, I have the receipt. I might take it up to them and see what they say . .

Argos are so big that they can just return it to the supplier for full credit. They won't hesitate to replace it, unless it's obvious you've broken it yourself.

Great advice folks.

Went into Argos and no problem at all replacing it.

Thanks for the tips

• Advertisement
Advertisement