Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unavailable for C.I.F.E. interview

Options
  • 13-07-2018 10:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

So I have finally read the acknowledgement letter for submitting my application to the Carlow Institute of Further Education, because i'm a gob****e, and i have just read that the interviews take place during the week starting on the 20th of August. I am unavoidably unavailable for these dates and i'm stressing as i'm applying here as i dont think I will get the points to go straight into the institute of technology.

i Emailed the Admissions office last night and I am waiting on a reply. I am very worried as you can imagine. what do you think the chances are of being able to reschedule the interview or something? Do you think i'm going to have to wait until next year and try again? Any advice/input? I'm so stupid, I don't know why i didn't read it when i was in school and had people to help me out ughhhh

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,183 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I'd say they will reschedule for you. You won't be the only one. Let us know what they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 KRSCIFET

Your email to the office will be forwarded to the people doing the interviews so they can arrange a late interview. Everyone gets an interview and a chance to ask about the course and discuss why it suits them. If your email did not say when you would be available then I suggest sending a followup email.

If you change your contact details (especially mobile) then make sure that is updated in the application system as you are most likely to get a call or text message from the interviewers to arrange the new date.

Advertisement