Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I buy...

Options
  • 13-07-2018 10:16am
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Duck eggs in or near Dublin 15? I've tried Supervalu but they had none (despite buying them in a different SV last week). Do Justin's or anywhere else in the area sell them?

I'm told SV in Leixlip or Celbridge will have them but I'd rather not have to go that far for half a dozen eggs if I can get them locally.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Some of the butchers have them or, if you can drive, Newbarn Farm might have them.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Thanks eviltwin - I hadn't heard of Newbarn Farm, it's not that far away.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 username copied

I think you can get them in Marks and Spencer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Gleeson's butchers in Roselawn

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

That would be quite handy, I'll try them later on. Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Tbey also somtimes have quail eggs too

Just to update I got half a dozen duck eggs in Gleeson's butchers in the shopping centre for €3. Then I ended up in Justin's in the village yesterday where they had the same brand of duck eggs as Gleeson's for €2.75 so I bought another box. Guess where I'll be going in future for them!

Thanks for all the help :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,399 ✭✭✭fletch

miamee wrote: »
    .. Then I ended up in Justin's in the village yesterday where they had the same brand of duck eggs as Gleeson's for €2.75 so I bought another box. Guess where I'll be going in future for them!
    Or maybe not? https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057817888

fletch wrote: »

Sure I will keep going for as long as they remain open and as long as I want duck eggs!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

fletch wrote: »

I believe that Justin's will continue to have a (new) shop on the new Aldi site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LorelaiG

Nothing beats duck eggs, well except for maybe a goose egg. Yum!

Advertisement