Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Australia working holiday visa - where to apply?

Options
  • 13-07-2018 11:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

I'm 31 next month so before then I wanted to apply for an aussie working holiday visa incase I decide to go next July. Once I turn 31 I believe I don't have the option anymore.
    Is it best to go with USIT? It seems expensive. I just want to have the visa Im not certain I will use it but I want to keep my options open.

Just apply directly on the immigration website:
    https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/trav/visa-1/417-

Note: From 1 July 2018, all Working Holiday visa (subclass 417) applications must be lodged online through ImmiAccount. Paper application forms will not be accepted.

So you first need to set up an immiAccount.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

I'd check if you can use the visa after you turn 31 as well. I know you can apply and enter Australia before your 31st birthday. So next July you will already be 31 and over the 30 year old limit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

I asked USIT they said if the visa is issued when im 30 then im ok for the year.

How much does it cost can anyone tell me? USIT have something like 569 on their website

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/trav/visa/fees

$450 or €285 on the immigration website.

Don't waste your time and money with usit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Neon_Lights

Usit is handy for insurance and getting all the paperwork sorted with no stress tbh... But you can just as easily DIY. Up to you

• Advertisement
Advertisement