Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turkish barbers - any good?

Options
  • 13-07-2018 11:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭

Still on the hunt for a go-to place for a really decent haircut. Are the Turkish barbers any good at all, or just cheap and cheerful?

If the former can anyone suggest a *really* good one? Would travel anywhere in Dublin but North/Northwest or Southside easiest for me.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

Chelon wrote: »
    Still on the hunt for a go-to place for a really decent haircut. Are the Turkish barbers any good at all, or just cheap and cheerful?

If the former can anyone suggest a *really* good one? Would travel anywhere in Dublin but North/Northwest or Southside easiest for me.

Not a direct recommendation as it's a bit (ok a lot!) far - but my dad used to go to one in Portlaoise and they were top notch. Wet cut throat razor shave was the best he's had.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

Use to go to a Turkish barber in naas and they gave a very good cut! Saying that there's a place in Sandyford just beside the beacon called "Choppers barbers" and that's the best I've ever gone to just to far from it now.

Currently go to "the academy barbers" in Maynooth and I'm pretty happy with them!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Was using Ali’s in Aungier St for a while when I worked in the area. Thought they were very good.

Best wet towel shave I had was the very first one I had in Waldorf in Westmoreland St.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

I went to a few last year and both butchered my hair. I used to go to a Polish lad that cut it spot on every time but then he made a mess of it the last 3 times I went to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,391 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

its the person not the nationality that counts, here in neagh, some good some brutal

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Advertisement
Advertisement