Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Structural graduate salary?

Options
  • 13-07-2018 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi all,

I've been looking around online to try and figure out what salary I should be expecting nowadays as a graduate structural engineer. But all the answers online are extremely vague, varying between 21k and 41k with no real consensus on what graduates are getting nowadays.

Would anybody be able to enlighten me as to what i should be expecting? Some employers ask for an expected salary in their applications and I have no idea what I should be putting down for that.

Many thanks in advance,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

21-23k max

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Eoin247

myshirt wrote: »
    21-23k max

I don't work in structural engineering, but I saw civil/structural engineers mentioned in a salary report while doing some research a while back and this sounds very low. I'm not 100% sure though so I'll see if I can rustle it up and link it here for yourself and OP.

EDIT:

https://www.hays.ie/cs/groups/hays_common/@ie/@content/documents/webassets/hays_1867308.pdf

It's from 2017, so if anything it's an under estimation of 2018 salaries. See page 92/93.

Seems that the absolute minimum you should be expecting in Dublin is 25k, with 30k being the max. Even outside of Dublin the average is 25k. Again, I don't work in the sector so maybe people who currently work in this area will dispute it.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Lleyn elec

Approximately 31k.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,507 ✭✭✭✭ted1

ESB pays grads 30k and extra 1k with a masters

Advertisement