Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What will the worlds next major scandal be?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

tom1ie wrote: »
    I wonder is there any courses like that in Dublin?

There isn't enough time for courses like that in Dublin. Shur aren't ye all full up of courses teaching ye how the country revolves around Dublin and there is nothing outside of the city limits but thatched cottages and no internet?

I reckon there will be a shortage of employable people in the future. Millennials thinking they're too good for the common jobs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,791 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

There isn't enough time for courses like that in Dublin. Shur aren't ye all full up of courses teaching ye how the country revolves around Dublin and there is nothing outside of the city limits but thatched cottages and no internet?

I reckon there will be a shortage of employable people in the future. Millennials thinking they're too good for the common jobs.

Jaysus you talk a lot of bollocks don’t ya. Fcuk off back to your dirty hovel if ya don’t like me talking about your capital city.

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,468 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

acai berry wrote: »
    There has to be a better solution.

Burrows?

Genocide?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,409 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Social Media. Especially Facebook. An entire generation with no concept of privacy. The normalisation of Narcissism. The handing over to data companies and God knows who of your life to be sold to, influenced and manipulated. We have collectively taken leave of our senses on this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Jaysus you talk a lot of bollocks don’t ya. Fcuk off back to your dirty hovel if ya don’t like me talking about your capital city.

Thanks.

7f2.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

jiltloop wrote: »
    He's actually Orville the Duck in disguise!

Not much of a disguise to be fair....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

The PL and top tier football to explode ,I hope it does nt but I will enjoy it till it lasts.

• Site Banned Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Balanadan

Fast fashion. It comes at a huge cost to the environment and has grown significantly over the last 10 years. Corporate Social Responsibility is non existent and most consumers don't make the link from buying a cheap, and let's be honest, poor quality "disposable" item of clothing to the damaging effects of the supply chain. Most consumers give almost no consideration given to material choices, i.e. the fibres used in the products they buy and the environmental impact of producing them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

The current crop of 'transgender' children being given hormone changing drugs. In a decade or two when they've grown up they'll realise their bodies have been screwed up just because when they were two years old they wanted to play with a doll instead of a truck or thought pink was a nice colour.

• Advertisement

The great big pension fraud. Masses of people done out of pension money when funds go into receivership and have no liquidity to pay out.
    Irish fund manager mr a. Hole was unavailable for comment as he was on holiday in Barbados and will be for the foreseeable future.
    The only pensions guaranteed are td’s and ministers.
    Ah well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Kuva

The great big pension fraud. Masses of people done out of pension money when funds go into receivership and have no liquidity to pay out.
    Irish fund manager mr a. Hole was unavailable for comment as he was on holiday in Barbados and will be for the foreseeable future.
    The only pensions guaranteed are td’s and ministers.
    Ah well.

Near nobody in my work place will start one with the company cuz they all expect this to happen.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Building appartment blocks that obscure views of Dublin Mountains - and even the sun. :eek: Example Dundrum, Dublin.

Good question, OP!

How about:

Urban sprawl causes thousands of natural habits to be destroyed, green fields to be built on, rural towns to be engulfed, provision of efficient public transport to be no longer possible and people to spend 3-5 hours a day on average sitting in traffic all because some people were irrationally afraid of mid-rise buildings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Sand

Kuva wrote: »
    Near nobody in my work place will start one with the company cuz they all expect this to happen.

It’s a condition of my employment that I pay into a pension fund. I’m currently trying to educate myself on the pension industry as I like to know where my money is going. It seems very complicated so far though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Kuva

Sand

Oh, I read about.

Destroying reefs all over the world pumping it up from offshore. We're running outta sand!!
    No1 commodity in the world.

Desert sand is to small.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18 Nettlles

So many traditional skills, both manual and artistic, lost to the latest generations. Examples basketry, boatbuilding, knitting, crochet etc.

28 here, crochet like it's going to freeze over. Self thought 5years ago. Have friends that crochet, knit, sew, cross stitch. It's not popular but not completely lot either.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭quintana76

Hollywood widescale child abuse scandal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 814 ✭✭✭debok

That there is actually a cure for most cancers but big pharma companies kept it it hidden to keep making big bucks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Kuva wrote: »

Then more fools them.

razorblunt wrote: »
    Then more fools them.

Well it’s not exactly the easiest industry in the world to understand is it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Well it’s not exactly the easiest industry in the world to understand is it?

It's not hard either.
    If you think they're going to lose all your money, pick an Investor that offers low risk investment.

Advertisement