Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any good places to catch fish in Sligo?

Options
  • 13-07-2018 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23 sligostandard

Hello everyone!
    Just wondering can someone help me out and give me some suggestions to where I can easily catch fish, I’m relatively quite new to fishing so I don’t really mind what I catch as long as it’s decent and not that painstaking :D
    Thanks

Comments

Search "Mackerel" in the Sligo forum. There should be a few threads there.

If you are new to fishing I'd say mackerel fishing at Rosses Point is your best bet to begin with.

Also until you know exactly where you are fishing, stick to the popular places where other people are. Some of the more advanced places to fish can be dangerous enough to get to and big tidal swells can come from outta nowhere.

Stay safe and enjoy the fishing.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 sligostandard

Search "Mackerel" in the Sligo forum. There should be a few threads there.

If you are new to fishing I'd say mackerel fishing at Rosses Point is your best bet to begin with.

Also until you know exactly where you are fishing, stick to the popular places where other people are. Some of the more advanced places to fish can be dangerous enough to get to and big tidal swells can come from outta nowhere.

Stay safe and enjoy the fishing.

Thank you for your advice, do you know anywhere particular in Rosses Point that’s good?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Theres no such thing as easily caught fish. Mackeral are also getting very scarce the last few years. Follow CG's instructions, talk to other anglers you meet and be prepared to invest time and patience! That's part of the enjoyment of fishing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

Enniscrone Pier, when the tide is in. Mostly maceral. also pollock, and other fish more rarely.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭ConnyMcDavid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Ewings in rosses point to sea fishing tours if you're a complete n00b and want an introduction to it.

That's just sea fishing mind, fresh water fishing is a different kettle of.... well.... fish really

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Scarlet42

was loads of guys at the bridge in town last night ..fishing away .. also a few down at doorley park

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Owl.

5rtytry56 wrote: »
    Enniscrone Pier, when the tide is in. Mostly maceral. also pollock, and other fish more rarely.

Gets a bit packed there for the last few years. Easkey pier is just as good and a lot quieter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Standman

I've never fished around Aughris Head and not caught something. Forget the pier - walk along the rocks until you find a good spot (obligatory warning: don't go out alone, tread carefully, & keep an eye on the weather).

Tide needs to be at a good level or you'll lose a lot of bait to snags/seaweed. It's a beautiful spot as well, it feels nice and wild out there. You'll probably have the place to yourself, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Wesser

Lough talt is good I heard.

• Advertisement
Advertisement