Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flying to bournemouth

Options
  • 13-07-2018 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40,415 ✭✭✭✭

Do any airlines still fly from dublin to bournemouth? I have flown that route with ryanair in the past but they dont seem to offer it any more.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,691 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Nobody now. Aer Lingus and then Flybe have both entered and left.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,415 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Bristol it is then.

Southampton is a lot closer.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,415 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Aegir wrote: »
    Southampton is a lot closer.

if i was going to bournemouth itself then it would be but i'm going to weymouth. Southampton is the same distance as bristol from there but the flights are more expensive. thanks anwyay

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

Not as many flights as Bristol, Exeter is probably closer.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Advertisement

if i was going to bournemouth itself then it would be but i'm going to weymouth. Southampton is the same distance as bristol from there but the flights are more expensive. thanks anwyay

Flybe can be funny. Sometimes they are pretty cheap, others very expensive.

I like Southampton though, very very handy for catching the train.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭BigMoose

As someone with family in Winchester and also a SFC fan, I take the kids that route often. Was very annoying when Ryanair pulled out of Bournemouth as Southampton is often very expensive. I have always put that down to the number of large consulting type businesses in the Hampshire area (like IBM) who travel back on the friday night flight and dont want to deal with Heathrow. Mostly prices are several times higher than going to the likes of BHX.

Advertisement