Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is a Pending Visa Transaction definitely Authorised?

Options
  • 13-07-2018 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭

I ordered some expensive items online with my Visa via Amazon Pay option on a retailer website and only later realised that it would put me few hundred over my credit limit. However the order seemed to go through,I was emailed an invoice from the retailer and when I check my internet banking I can see the amount as a pending transaction on the Visa. 

Does this mean that the transaction was authorised by Visa and they've let me go over my credit limit. Happy to pay the overlimit fee. Happy to receive the goods before my credit limit would have normally allowed the purchase as it turns out. Just wondering should I expect an email from the retailer saying the order was cancelled due to insufficient funds or whether the Pending Status on the internet banking for the transaction means its definitely been authorised and will definitely go through.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Looks like Pending means Authorised because I just got an email from amazon Pay saying the transaction is complete.

Status of this thread can be changed to answered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi Calibos,

Thanks for your post.

When a retailer or website processes your card for a transaction, the bank systems will authorise the payment at that time. The payment will show in your Pending Transactions until the retailer fully processes it but it has already been authorised at that stage.

Thanks
    Tara

Advertisement