Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Re laminating MDF Kitchen doors?

Options
  • 13-07-2018 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

The laminate started peeling off the kitchen doors. I was going to buy new doors but noticed the MDF is perfect underneath. Is there anywhere that "re-wraps" doors?
    Can you paint or spray MDF? What would I use?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭jodaw

If you want to go a cheaper route and have a colour scheme in mind then get a good primer/sealer (zinsser) and eggshell final coat. Sanding in between coats. Maybe use a foam roller to get the most acceptable finish. It will never be perfect.

Cost maybe 100 euro

Or new doors for average kitchen would be maybe 500-600

Would not vinyl wrap. It is far too fiddly and there will be a fold on one part of the door and most likely you will not wrap the door all around. Price for 3M stuff would be costly also.

You can spray doors with car primer and sand down but again finish from a can will never compare to an airless sprayer.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 roundone

Thanks. I definitely wouldn't try the wrap myself, I can't even get sellotape straight!
    Just wondering if there are any companies in Ireland that does it?

quote="jodaw;107510358"]If you want to go a cheaper route and have a colour scheme in mind then get a good primer/sealer (zinsser) and eggshell final coat. Sanding in between coats. Maybe use a foam roller to get the most acceptable finish. It will never be perfect.

Cost maybe 100 euro

Or new doors for average kitchen would be maybe 500-600

Would not vinyl wrap. It is far too fiddly and there will be a fold on one part of the door and most likely you will not wrap the door all around. Price for 3M stuff would be costly also.

You can spray doors with car primer and sand down but again finish from a can will never compare to an airless sprayer.[/quote]

Advertisement