Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Henry Cavill forced to apologize for #metoo comments

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

DONTMATTER wrote: »
    Welcome to my ignore list. :D

Perhaps you should add all of the men on the thread to that list. Safer all round.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭DONTMATTER

Omackeral wrote: »
    Yeah, you just said male posters. It's there in black and white. You said;

Yeah, avoid male posters, I didn't say all male posters!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

I'm saying I'd advise women to avoid men on this thread, read what I post!

Yes I get that.

I’m asking you specifically, what are you suggesting?

Why should women avoid men from this thread ?

What do you think might happen ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Some.
    I'm saying I'd advise women to avoid men on this thread, read what I post!
    Is reading a problem amongst posters here?

Is it any wonder Missus? You're tying yourself up in knots here. It's either 'some' or men in general on this thread. You've posted both in the last 15 minutes.

Rennaws wrote: »
    I think the true meaning of that post may have gone over your head..

And yes I can read..

You seem to be getting a little irked..

:D Not at all, it seems to be the angry men here who are blowing a fuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭DavidLyons_

So what you're saying is...
    Even Cathy Newman had the cop on to know when her deluded, irrational drivel was being exposed.

This particular poster (with an unmistakable, rabid, unwaveringly closed-minded, "Midlands" posting style) is on another level altogether.

That's... not my view though?

As far as I can see the metoo campaign certainly has achieved it's aims of validating a certain class of professional whinger. It hasn't had any effect on people's daily lives other than anyone I know personally regarding it with contempt and ridicule.

If you want to effect real change and educate people, it starts a lot closer to home than twitter. It starts with yourself. Educating other people requires a bit more effort than simply telling them they don't have a clue, and they should listen and believe what they're told without question.

That isn't an attempt to educate anyone, it's an attempt to indoctrinate people with your own ideology, and that's what people disagree with, because it doesn't square with their reality.

Women who've been raped and abused aren't professional whingers.

Just stop doubting women

Not how the world works. That goes for both sexes. Stop getting irate about it.

Calhoun wrote: »
    How else may i defend the honor of these women? should we track these sex pests down? how about mandatory re-education programs for all young males when they reach puberty?

No, just do what I said in my post. There's a good boy.

I think the true meaning of that post may have gone over your head..

And yes I can read..

You seem to be getting a little irked..

Upset I'd say, that was her go-to accusation last night before she quit for the 5th time. Exit 6 should be along anytime soon...

• Advertisement

givyjoe wrote: »
    Is reading a problem amongst posters here?

If there was any doubt before that you were midland missus reincarnated..
    midlandsmisandrist

It's coming up soon...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTcpCc15zdZHUIt6viqhIlIjb1RQV6MlwFJYdNw45QYr1jeU8G5sw

Wait, I thought it was some? Hang on, lt me underline it like you did when getting upset. Some. Your, admittedly very thin, veil has slipped. You're nothing but an out and out sexist. Basically, you're kinda what you profess to hate.

:D Saying avoid men on this thread is not the same as saying avoid all men on this thread!

Perhaps you should add all of the men on the thread to that list. Safer all round.

A ''safe space'', if you will.

No, I'll just add men from this thread but not all of them. :D Oh sh1t, omack will be squirming now after he's realised his error.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,318 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Women who've been raped and abused aren't professional whingers.

I wasn't referring to women who have been raped and abused. I was referring to a certain class of professional whinger which the metoo movement has given the validation they so desperately crave. There's nothing in that statement about women who have been raped and abused.

No, I'll just add men from this thread but not all of them. :D Oh sh1t, omack will be squirming now after he's realised his error.

No, please. Add all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

The worst thing about the internet is that it has given dumbasses an opportunity to spout their drivel with no comeback.

Personally I have female friends that have had bad experiences and I feel for them of course. But this media driven society places no concern on what happens to men. In fact men are routinely called creeps or losers if they do something a woman doesn't like. The media (or social media) never wanted to champion the **** I've had to go through, especially if it was done by women.

Yes I get that.

I’m asking you specifically, what are you suggesting?

Why should women avoid men from this thread ?

What do you think might happen ?

Well they won't believe what women tell them and be quite angry regularly. Avoid material.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

One thing that used to be taught to anyone in 3rd level education was to question everything. If we don't question and just follow like sheep we are really setting a dangerous precedence in society and opening ourselves up for some real problems down the line.

I think what your missing and confusing as anger from posters is just people saying to you that they aren't going to be sheep and just take for granted something said by a group particularly those from a feminist slant are saying as gospel.

Most people do take metoo serious to a degree and have a strong dislike for rapists ect ect. One thing though i find funny though is that men are expected to back metoo by default even though its primarily a womens issue but when the shoe is on the other foot the support is not a two way street.

]

:D Saying avoid men on this thread is not the same as saying avoid all men on this thread!
    Don't worry love, most of the men on this thread are undoubtedly clear thinking, rational humans who'll have no trouble at all meeting plenty of women.

You do realise that, don't you. I bet it troubles you too. But that's because the views expressed in your posts are disgustingly sexist and your senseless hatred of men is blinding you to reality.

Your posts suggest you are wallowing and drowning in unshakable bitterness and hatred of your fellow man.

Is it any wonder Missus? You're tying yourself up in knots here. It's either 'some' or men in general on this thread. You've posted both in the last 15 minutes.

Read on! :D Embarrassed for ya.

Yeah, avoid male posters, I didn't say all male posters!

And you have the neck to question people's comprehension and reading skills?! Read that back to yourself what you just wrote. Jesus Christ!!!

Not how the world works. That goes for both sexes. Stop getting irate about it.

Women have told their stories, they're believed by most decent people. Don't cry about it.

Upset I'd say, that was her go-to accusation last night before she quit for the 5th time. Exit 6 should be along anytime soon...

:D Am I not allowed leave the thread? A bit controlling aren't ya?

• Advertisement

It actually is, unless you've some sort of learning difficulty. Do you?

I wasn't referring to women who have been raped and abused. I was referring to a certain class of professional whinger which the metoo movement has given the validation they so desperately crave. There's nothing in that statement about women who have been raped and abused.

Many women have gone through huge pain and agony after being raped and tortured. Calling them professional whingers is disgusting and it paints you in a very bad light.

No, please. Add all

No, I'll just add men from this thread! :D

:D

Noticed this last night too. When you know you're really backed into a corner logic wise, you crack out that little smiley as a last resort in your posts. It's like a defense mechanism or something.

Don't worry love, most of the men on this thread are undoubtedly clear thinking, rational humans who'll have no trouble at all meeting plenty of women.

You do realise that, don't you. I bet it troubles you too. But that's because the views expressed in your posts are disgustingly sexist and your senseless hatred of men is blinding you to reality.

Your posts suggest you are wallowing and drowning in unshakable bitterness and hatred of your fellow man.

:D Again you're confusing hatred of rapists and sex pests who are men with hatred of all men.

• Advertisement

No, I'll just add men from this thread! :D

Would you mind adding me? Thanks hunx

And you have the neck to question people's comprehension and reading skills?! Read that back to yourself what you just wrote. Jesus Christ!!!

Read on further. Red face for omack. :D

Women have told their stories, they're believed by most decent people. Don't cry about it.

By the same token, some women have lied and had men locked up for crimes they haven't committed too. Doubt you'd shed a tear for them though.

It actually is, unless you've some sort of learning difficulty. Do you?

It's not, have you not read the example I gave you. I'm going to put men on this thread on ignore. Does that mean all men? You've just been given a free lesson. It's ok, you don't have to thank me. :D

Noticed this last night too. When you know you're really backed into a corner logic wise, you crack out that little smiley as a last resort in your posts. It's like a defense mechanism or something.

No, I use the smiley when I'm laughing at other posters. Right now I'm splitting my hole laughing at you. :D

By the same token, some women have lied and had men locked up for crimes they haven't committed too. Doubt you'd shed a tear for them though.

What have the rape victims and other women who've suffered harassment got to do with that?

Many women have gone through huge pain and agony after being raped and tortured. Calling them professional whingers is disgusting and it paints you in a very bad light.

You have no class, do you know that? Nobody has said that any rape or torture victims is a whinger. Nobody. You're out of line but somehow, in that unique mind of yours, you think you're bang on the money.

Read on further. Red face for omack. :D

That face is green.

You have no class, do you know that? Nobody has said that any rape or torture victims is a whinger. Nobody. You're out of line but somehow, in that unique mind of yours, you think you're bang on the money.

Read what the poster said, she was talking about the metoo campaign and called them professional whingers. Think about how disgusting a human being you have to be to say that.

No, I use the smiley when I'm laughing at other posters. Right now I'm splitting my hole laughing at you. :D

That's the only way you'd ever get your hole split.

giphy.webp

• Advertisement

That face is green.

:D I actually feel bad for you. That's really embarrassing.

I didn't call those women professional whingers though?

That's the only way you'd ever get your hole split.

Oh no, you're not taking this well. :D

I didn't call those women professional whingers though?

This is what you said:

"As far as I can see the metoo campaign certainly has achieved it's aims of validating a certain class of professional whinger. It hasn't had any effect on people's daily lives other than anyone I know personally regarding it with contempt and ridicule."

Many women have shared their stories of being raped and tortured through metoo. You called them professional whingers and saying that people regard them with contempt and ridicule. Honestly, it's probably the sickest post I've read on this thread.

This is what you said:

"As far as I can see the metoo campaign certainly has achieved it's aims of validating a certain class of professional whinger. It hasn't had any effect on people's daily lives other than anyone I know personally regarding it with contempt and ridicule."

Many women have shared their stories of being raped and tortured through metoo. You called them professional whingers and saying that people regard them with contempt and ridicule. Honestly, it's probably the sickest post I've read on this thread.

If it helps your understanding - they're two completely different and distinct groups - there are people who have been raped and tortured, and there are people who claim they have been raped and tortured, and the metoo movement has enabled a hell of a lot more from Column B, than Column A.

You see the difference between Column B, and Column A, is that more people in Column B have access to social media, whereas more people in Column A, do not, and so what that leads to is the inevitable "one-upping" each other for who has suffered more, because their social currency is victimhood. I call those kinds of people professional whingers, and that's still saying nothing about the group of people who have experienced rape, sexual assault, intimidation and torture.

Perspective, it matters.

If it helps your understanding...

Let me stop you there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Some fair points made in the following.

If it helps your understanding - they're two completely different and distinct groups - there are people who have been raped and tortured, and there are people who claim they have been raped and tortured, and the metoo movement has enabled a hell of a lot more from Column B, than Column A.

You see the difference between Column B, and Column A, is that more people in Column B have access to social media, whereas more people in Column A, do not, and so what that leads to is the inevitable "one-upping" each other for who has suffered more, because their social currency is victimhood. I call those kinds of people professional whingers, and that's still saying nothing about the group of people who have experienced rape, sexual assault, intimidation and torture.

Perspective, it matters.

You're just making stuff up. Trying to hide from your disgusting post.

Let me stop you there.

:D This from the guy I just schooled!

• Advertisement

I'm out of here again. We've really reached the depths when posters are calling rape victims professional whingers. Some people really need to have a good long look at themselves.

I hope the fella who left with his tail between his legs isn't too upset. :D

Advertisement