Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Henry Cavill forced to apologize for #metoo comments

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

DONTMATTER wrote: »
    I'm out of here again. We've really reached the depths when posters are calling rape victims professional whingers. Some people really need to have a good long look at themselves.

I hope the fella who left with his tail between his legs isn't too upset. :D

For yourself, seriously, really don't come back again this time.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,904 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

DONTMATTER = MidlandsMissus = utter misandrist.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,590 ✭✭✭LLMMLL

py2006 wrote: »
    If I meet a woman in the real world that are likeminded to the couple posters here I (and i have met a couple) would avoid like the plague.

At best they are headwreckers and at worst they are looking for any stupid little reason to make a dubious accusation.

That’s alright. Somehow I doubt women are queuing up to date the guys on this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

JupiterKid wrote: »

Is this another poster? people keep saying this and confusing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

LLMMLL wrote: »
    That’s alright. Somehow I doubt women are queuing up to date the guys on this thread.

Indeed for the most part they would be more aligned with your group so probably wouldn't be interested anyway. By his i mean the politics just be too incompatible as both groups be fairly militant in what the believe.

• Advertisement

Queuing up? Nope. Not a chance. But I'm not having any problems finding someone when I wish it to happen. I suspect most of us are the same. It's really not that difficult to find someone if you're willing to put in the effort to sift through the time-wasters.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭DavidLyons_

JupiterKid wrote: »
    I love women. I have so many beautiful, intelligent, amazing, creative, hardworking, kind and considerate women in my life. I love them all dearly.

I fcuking hate bitter, twisted, damaged, joyless, unhappy, deluded people (men and women) like that particular poster. No doubt, spending time in such a person's company would be depressingly draining.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MonsterCookie

I'm out of here again. We've really reached the depths when posters are calling rape victims professional whingers. Some people really need to have a good long look at themselves.

I hope the fella who left with his tail between his legs isn't too upset. :D

really....nobody said that genuine victims are whingers.

you have once again decided to twist what is being said to suit your narrative and its so obvious - you're posts have lost all credibility now. but i suspect you are keeping this thread going for as long s possible for whatever reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

You'd be surprised ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

really....nobody said that genuine victims are whingers.

you have once again decided to twist what is being said to suit your narrative and its so obvious - you're posts have lost all credibility now. but i suspect you are keeping this thread going for as long s possible for whatever reason.

Why waste your time mate?

obvious-troll-is-obvious--i129158.jpg

• Advertisement

givyjoe wrote: »
    You'd be surprised ;)

You’re right there.

You’re right there.

You do love a good pot kettle black post. I'd say that witty personality has the boys just climbing over each other! #youtoo!

You do love a good pot kettle black post. I'd say that witty personality has the boys just climbing over each other! #youtoo!

Sorry givy. I don’t feel the need to imply I’m sexually successful. I guess I’m just secure.

Sorry givy. I don’t feel the need to imply I’m sexually successful. I guess I’m just secure.

You just feel the need to imply the men here aren't because they oppose your point of view. Yeah.. really secure.

Also..the tongue in cheek nature of the original post sailed right over your head I see. shock.

Secure people don't suggest others aren't because they don't agree with them.

You're posts here and your bombardment of another thread in the Gentlemens Club suggests quite the opposite too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Would love to know what MidlandsMisandrist's take is on women who falsely accuse men. Men who have been sent down for crimes they didn't commit. Brought that up earlier but she was too busy twisting the words of other posters to respond. I honestly wonder would there be some justification in her head for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭DavidLyons_

Omackeral wrote: »
    Would love to know what MidlandsMisandrist's take is on women who falsely accuse men. Men who have been sent down for crimes they didn't commit. Brought that up earlier but she was too busy twisting the words of other posters to respond. I honestly wonder would there be some justification in her head for it.
    I think she's been fairly clear that she would believe the accuser each and every time. You're right, in her head she would excuse acquittals as a miscarriage of justice.

Just look at the morons who took to the streets here to protest at the acquittals of Jackson and Olding. Two men found not guilty in a different jurisdiction.

Worryingly, there were some men at those protests. Hope none of them ever find themselves at the wrong end of a false accusation.

Lets hope none of the clowns in attendance (male or female) ever find their way onto a jury.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭DONTMATTER

The only doubting and unbelieving in this thread is from the angry men towards the women who bravely told their stories through the metoo campaign. They have been attacked, called professional whingers, been called mental, basically been told to shut up about it!
    Not one bad thing has been said about ordinary men on this thread, not one. Loads of bad things have been said about men who are rapists, who harass women, who abuse women, basically scummy men have been attacked.
    These are facts. Yet here we have the perpetually offended on this thread claiming that these nasty women won't leave men alone. It's not all men, it's rapists and other scumbags who happen to be men.

Guess who's back... back again.... Midlands back.... she hates men.

DONTMATTER, you said "I'd advise people to avoid men on this thread, they're dangerous". Unless you quantify that you mean "some", it pretty much means men in general. If you mean some men, say some men.

That's the crux of a lot of people's problems with campaigners in things like this; the generalising nature of many of their most vocal leaders.

• Advertisement

Guess who's back... back again.... Midlands back.... she hates men.

I hope the mods deal with this post. This poster hasn't taken being outsmarted yesterday very well but there's no need for personal abuse.

DONTMATTER, you said "I'd advise people to avoid men on this thread, they're dangerous". Unless you quantify that you mean "some", it pretty much means men in general. If you mean some men, say some men.

That's the crux of a lot of people's problems with campaigners in things like this; the generalising nature of many of their most vocal leaders.

You were embarrassed by this yesterday, just let it go. Stop digging.

oh the irony

py2006 wrote: »
    oh the irony
    The only doubting and unbelieving in this thread is from the angry men towards the women who bravely told their stories through the metoo campaign. They have been attacked, called professional whingers, been called mental, basically been told to shut up about it!
    Not one bad thing has been said about ordinary men on this thread, not one. Loads of bad things have been said about men who are rapists, who harass women, who abuse women, basically scummy men have been attacked.
    These are facts. Yet here we have the perpetually offended on this thread claiming that these nasty women won't leave men alone. It's not all men, it's rapists and other scumbags who happen to be men.

Your anger is blinding you.

You just feel the need to imply the men here aren't because they oppose your point of view. Yeah.. really secure.

also..the tongue in cheek nature of the original post sailed right over your head I see. shock.

No not because they disagree with me. I just don’t think any woman would like to come home to her partner with a tale of groping or harrassment and be told “prove it”.

I think the tongue in cheek nature of my post sailed right over your head. Shock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭7aubzxk43m2sni

No not because they disagree with me. I just don’t think any woman would like to come home to her partner with a tale of groping or harrassment and be told “prove it”.

Who suggested anyone would or should tell their partner to "prove it" in that situation?

You're stretching things in a serious way.

Who suggested anyone would or should tell their partner to "prove it" in that situation?

You're stretching things in a serious way.

Sorry Alessia Spicy Simpleton but any woman sharing a tale of sexual harassment must provide video evidence that has been analysed by an audiovisual expert in case she tampered with it.

Anything else would be unfair to men.... or something.

Sorry needwater but any woman sharing a tale of sexual harassment must provide video evidence that has been analysed by an audiovisual expert in case she tampered with it.

Anything else would be unfair to men.... or something.

I haven't seen anyone making that claim either.

To insist that proof beyond a reasonable doubt is required for convictions in court is basic logic.

A general apprehension towards the ability of an accusation or allegation of not just sexual violence but also general sexism to seriously damage one's reputation and life, without due process, is not unreasonable either.

These things are not the same as never believing women, or not acknowledging that too much sexual harassment takes place.

I haven't seen anyone making that claim either.

To insist that proof beyond a reasonable doubt is required for convictions in court is basic logic.

A general apprehension towards the ability of an accusation or allegation of not just sexual violence but also general sexism to seriously damage one's reputation and life, without due process, is not unreasonable either.

These things are not the same as never believing women, or not acknowledging that too much sexual harassment takes place.

It’s a little disingenuous to suggest that this is about convictions in court after I’ve pointed out numerous times that the vast majority of metoo experiences posted do not name a man and have absolutely nothing to do with court.

Yet there are still plenty of men on this thread who said they would not believe a woman’s story. One even saying a million experiences would not convince him.

• Advertisement

It’s a little disingenuous to suggest that this is about convictions in court after I’ve pointed out numerous times that the vast majority of metoo experiences posted do not name a man and have absolutely nothing to do with court.

Yet there are still plenty of men on this thread who said they would not believe a woman’s story. One even saying a million experiences would not convince him.

Ok.

So some men do not believe some women's stories. What should be done about this?

Calhoun wrote: »
    One thing that used to be taught to anyone in 3rd level education was to question everything. If we don't question and just follow like sheep we are really setting a dangerous precedence in society and opening ourselves up for some real problems down the line.

I think what your missing and confusing as anger from posters is just people saying to you that they aren't going to be sheep and just take for granted something said by a group particularly those from a feminist slant are saying as gospel.

Most people do take metoo serious to a degree and have a strong dislike for rapists ect ect. One thing though i find funny though is that men are expected to back metoo by default even though its primarily a womens issue but when the show is on the other foot the support is not a two way street.

Excellent post

Ok.

So some men do not believe some women's stories. What should be done about this?

We should criticise them on boards.

You’re right to the extent that these guys will never change their minds.

If there was actual video evidence of all the metoo experiences they’d change their tack to “Oh there are a small number of mentallly ill people out there causing problems for women”.

I hope the mods deal with this post. This poster hasn't taken being outsmarted yesterday very well but there's no need for personal abuse.

What's that post got to do with you? I never said anything about you in that post. Also, you outsmarted nobody.

If there was actual video evidence of all the metoo experiences they’d change their tack to “Oh there are a small number of mentallly ill people out there causing problems for women”.

Ok, they change their tack to that, and then what?

It seems like you want all men to bear some responsibility for what happens to women, and I don't see that as something entirely reasonable when I myself have never sexually harassed a woman before, nor have any of my family / close friends, to the best of my knowledge.

Ok, they change their tack to that, and then what?

It seems like you want all men to bear some responsibility for what happens to women, and I don't see that as something entirely reasonable when I myself have never sexually harassed a woman before, nor have any of my family / close friends, to the best of my knowledge.

You’re reading something into my posts that I never said.

If you believe the experiences of women who have posted in metoo then There’s no issue here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

You're just twisting words again. What the guys on this thread are against, is that a woman should be automatically believed.

That is just dangerous and will be abused.

You’re reading something into my posts that I never said.

If you believe the experiences of women who have posted in metoo then There’s no issue here.

I can't say I believe all the experiences of every single woman who posted with #metoo. I haven't read all the accounts and I don't know the women.

I don't doubt that the movement has an absolutely valid point, and comes from a genuine problem which exists for women.

I'm trying to understand what you hope to achieve.

I think the tongue in cheek nature of my post sailed right over your head. Shock.

Ah another stock LLMMLLolcano response.. 'no you are, no you are'. :rolleyes:

Hang on, what's #metoo go to do with coming home to your husband etc? Quite a difference between your partner and some randomer in a different part of the world, you never have or ever will meet.

You're just twisting words again. What the guys on this thread are against, is that a woman should be automatically believed.

That is just dangerous and will be abused.

That's literally all anyone has really said. Nobody has said rape victims are whingers yet it keeps getting put across as fact. It hadn't been said. Some here have been accused of being on Team Rapist! That's where hardliners do their campaigns a disservice. Twisting words and spouting vile BS in their blinded rage. Then you call them out and they call you blind with rage! It's just mental carry on, it really is.

I can't say I believe all the experiences of every single woman who posted with #metoo. I haven't read all the accounts and I don't know the women.

I don't doubt that the movement has an absolutely valid point, and comes from a genuine problem which exists for women.

I'm trying to understand what you hope to achieve.

Regardless of whether you believe a random individual experience do you believe that overall the experiences show an issue with sexual harassment?

• Advertisement

Ah another stock LLMMLLolcano response.. 'no you are, no you are'. :rolleyes:

Hang on, what's #metoo go to do with coming home to your husband etc? Quite a difference between your partner and some randomer in a different part of the world, you never have or ever will meet.

What can I say givy. It’s fun to point out irony.

Regardless of whether you believe a random individual experience do you believe that overall the experiences show an issue with sexual harassment?

Sure.

Sure.

Perfect. Then we agree on my main point.

Perfect. Then we agree on my main point.

Great!

Check this out everyone, reasonable discussion can get you places.

That's literally all anyone has really said. Nobody has said rape victims are whingers yet it keeps getting put across as fact. It hadn't been said. Some here have been accused of being on Team Rapist! That's where hardliners do their campaigns a disservice. Twisting words and spouting vile BS in their blinded rage. Then you call them out and they call you blind with rage! It's just mental carry on, it really is.

That is one of the reasons modern day feminism gets a lot of criticism. If you don't agree with them, you hate ALL women and you must be stopped, targetted on social media, lose your job, etc etc

Modern feminism is NOT feminism.

What's that post got to do with you? I never said anything about you in that post. Also, you outsmarted nobody.

:D You were left red faced. Accusing me of learner issues, thinking you had me backed into a corner and then bang, the realisation that you were completely wrong hit you like a ton of bricks.
    You've just resorted to lies and attacks to try to make yourself feel better today. It's only an online forum, don't get so upset over it.

:D You were left red faced. Accusing me of learner issues, thinking you had me backed into a corner and then bang, the realisation that you were completely wrong hit you like a ton of bricks.
    You've just resorted to lies and attacks to try to make yourself feel better today. It's only an online forum, don't get so upset over it.

Do you have anything productive to contribute?

Women who have posted their stories on the metoo campaign have been called liars, mental, attention seekers, professional whingers and all sorts of names. The absolute disgusting behaviour of some men has been highlighted through this campaign, why point the finger at women when it's these men who are to blame?

Women who have posted their stories on the metoo campaign have been called liars, mental, attention seekers, professional whingers and all sorts of names. The absolute disgusting behaviour of some men has been highlighted through this campaign, why point the finger at women when it's these men who are to blame?

Can you post any examples of people calling these women liars and attention seekers?

• Advertisement
Advertisement