Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Henry Cavill forced to apologize for #metoo comments

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭DONTMATTER

py2006 wrote: »
    That is one of the reasons modern day feminism gets a lot of criticism. If you don't agree with them, you hate ALL women and you must be stopped, targetted on social media, lose your job, etc etc

:D A lot of people talking about irony and then this post appears!

According to many here, if you attack rapists and other scum then you hate all men, you are a looney, you are an extremist, you are sexist and so on.

Do you have anything productive to contribute?

Yes, I'm standing up for the women who were brave enough to share their stories of abuse and harassment. They don't deserve abuse for their bravery.

Can you post any examples of people calling these women liars and attention seekers?

I'm not searching those disgusting comments. Some even worse than that. Have a search through twitter or other social media if you want to see those comments.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

LLMMLL wrote: »
    Perfect. Then we agree on my main point.

So you have no problem with people questioning individual stories as you are only hearing 1 side. Great I doubt a single person who are arguing with you or DONTMATTER have a problem with talking about harassment. The problem they have is the language used by some and how is seems only directed to men as trust me some women can be just as sleazy and go further then some men

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭DavidLyons_

DONTMATTER wrote: »
    I'm out of here again. We've really reached the depths when posters are calling rape victims professional whingers. Some people really need to have a good long look at themselves.

I hope the fella who left with his tail between his legs isn't too upset. :D
    The only doubting and unbelieving in this thread is from the angry men towards the women who bravely told their stories through the metoo campaign. They have been attacked, called professional whingers, been called mental, basically been told to shut up about it!
    Not one bad thing has been said about ordinary men on this thread, not one. Loads of bad things have been said about men who are rapists, who harass women, who abuse women, basically scummy men have been attacked.
    These are facts. Yet here we have the perpetually offended on this thread claiming that these nasty women won't leave men alone. It's not all men, it's rapists and other scumbags who happen to be men.
    I think somebody enjoys a little drinky-poos in the afternoon and then tires themselves out by evening time.

Misandry is such exhausting work. Oh the drama!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

What can I say givy. It’s fun to point out irony.

You're telling me!

Yes, I'm standing up for the women who were brave enough to share their stories of abuse and harassment. They don't deserve abuse for their bravery.

I asked you this question before but you either missed it or ignored it is a simple yes or no answer. Do you believe all stories by women about harrssment or rape without question? Is it guilty until you prove yourself innocent?

Here is my answer to that question and please read all of it.

No I d not believe all these stories without question as that would be dangerous as someone could just make up a lie on someone they do not like..HOWEVER and please stay with me that does not mean I am Team Rapist or Team Harrassement as you like to paint us. It just means we want due process to play out.

Now if you want to start a conversation how we can encourage people to go to the relevant people is relation to these so justice is done then I am all for it and with you front and center.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

you had me backed into a corner and then bang

That's #MeToo stuff right there.

• Advertisement

I'm not searching those disgusting comments.

Translation. I'm talking through my fucking hole as per usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Rory28

:D You were left red faced. Accusing me of learner issues, thinking you had me backed into a corner and then bang, the realisation that you were completely wrong hit you like a ton of bricks.
    You've just resorted to lies and attacks to try to make yourself feel better today. It's only an online forum, don't get so upset over it.

What in gods name are you on about? I have been catching up on this thread and you seem to be patting yourself on the back for making other posters angry. You have not caught anybody out or made anyone angry. Just a constant barrage of you trying to score imaginary points against men.

Take a break from the internet.

Rory28 wrote: »

What in gods name are you on about? I have been catching up on this thread and you seem to be patting yourself on the back for making other posters angry. You have not caught anybody out or made anyone angry. Just a constant barrage of you trying to score imaginary points against men.

She's flounced out of the thread numerous times with a declaration of same only to return with the usual man-hating, incoherent bile.

I honestly don't know if it's really funny, really sad or a really really good troll!

I think somebody enjoys a little drinky-poos in the afternoon and then tires themselves out by evening time.

Am, you have failed to point out what you disagree on? Do you think the huge majority of women who've told their stories are telling the truth? Do you not agree that most rapists are men but not most men are rapists? Speak to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,590 ✭✭✭LLMMLL

So you have no problem with people questioning individual stories as you are only hearing 1 side. Great I doubt a single person who are arguing with you or DONTMATTER have a problem with talking about harassment. The problem they have is the language used by some and how is seems only directed to men as trust me some women can be just as sleazy and go further then some men

Again the harassment of men by women only raised as some kind of supposed counterargument to the harrassment of women by men.

And the CDC in America did a study on sexual harassment and found that while men are harrassed just as much as women, they are actually mostly harrassed by other men. Claiming that harassment of men by women is even close to the levels of harassment of women by men is just plain false.

I agree #notallmen. But ignoring the fact that the instigators of harrassment are overwhelmingly Male isn’t going to help anyone.

• Advertisement

I asked you this question before but you either missed it or ignored it is a simple yes or no answer. Do you believe all stories by women about harrssment or rape without question? Is it guilty until you prove yourself innocent?

Here is my answer to that question and please read all of it.

No I d not believe all these stories without question as that would be dangerous as someone could just make up a lie on someone they do not like..HOWEVER and please stay with me that does not mean I am Team Rapist or Team Harrassement as you like to paint us. It just means we want due process to play out.

Now if you want to start a conversation how we can encourage people to go to the relevant people is relation to these so justice is done then I am all for it and with you front and center.

You don't have to believe every story, that's not the point. The metoo campaign has highlighted the disgusting treatment of women by some men. In most cases it hasn't named any names, it's just sharing their story.
    It's a major issue and many women have suffered. You don't need every case to go to court to realise how big a problem it is. As I've said all along, we should be trying to stamp this behaviour out, that's the most important thing. How can anyone disagree with that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

Again the harassment of men by women only raised as some kind of supposed counterargument to the harrassment of women by men.

And the CDC in America did a study on sexual harassment and found that while men are harrassed just as much as women, they are actually mostly harrassed by other men. Claiming that harassment of men by women is even close to the levels of harassment of women by men is just plain false.

I agree #notallmen. But ignoring the fact that the instigators of harrassment are overwhelmingly Male isn’t going to help anyone.

Nonsense.

Permabear wrote: »
    This post had been deleted.

Wolf whistles are street harassment. I’ve no issue with them being classified as such.

I 100% reject the notion that the current movement has anything to do with women’s studies departments needing funding.

There is nothing to indicate that metoo was instigated by anyone to do with academia or non profits, or that the experiences shared are part of an agenda to benefit academics or non profits. Sounds like a pure crazy conspiracy theory to me.

Omackeral wrote: »
    That's #MeToo stuff right there.

:D Oh dear, is your poor pride all hurty.

• Advertisement

Am, you have failed to point out what you disagree on? Do you think the huge majority of women who've told their stories are telling the truth? Do you not agree that most rapists are men but not most men are rapists? Speak to me.
    I couldn't possibly say if "the huge majority of women who've told their stories are telling the truth" because I am not privy to the intricacies of the accusations (neither are you, my dear).

I do agree "that most rapists are men but not most men are rapists". I would say that's a fair conclusion to arrive at. I would also add that the vast, vast majority of men are repulsed by the idea of rape and rapists.

Translation. I'm talking through my fucking hole as per usual.

Language! Take a chill pill. It's all on social media, go search for it if you want.

givyjoe wrote: »
    Ah another stock LLMMLLolcano response.. 'no you are, no you are'. :rolleyes:
    givyjoe wrote: »
    You're telling me!

Too easy

:D The opposite is the case, some angry men here have been trying to ridicule those who stand up for the brave women of the metoo movement. They have failed and made themselves look silly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

I would also add that the vast, vast majority of men are repulsed by the idea of rape and rapists.

No, no...did you not read what our feminist friend said earlier. All us MALE posters here are on the side of rapists and scumbags. You know, our pals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

I honestly don't know if it's really funny, really sad or a really really good troll!

It's weirdly entertaining..

She's flounced out of the thread numerous times with a declaration of same only to return with the usual man-hating, incoherent bile.

Am I not allowed to say I'm leaving? Point out one sentence where I said anything man-hating? You can only think that if you consider all men as rapists because I've only attacked them and other scumbags.

:D The opposite is the case, some angry men here have been trying to ridicule those who stand up for the brave women of the metoo movement. They have failed and made themselves look silly.

Yea ok. I'm just going to put you on the ignore list as you are obviously a troll. I reported a few of your comments where you completely lied about what others have said but no action has been taking. All you have posted in this thread is drivel.

Just to refresh your memory. Remember you were accusing me of hating all men and you thought you had a sentence that proved it? You were in hysterics claiming the mask had slipped etc.
    You then had to back down when it was pointed out that you had made a simple mistake with your understanding of the English language. You have been crying about it since. :D

And suddenly the thread looks grand. I like this ignore feature.

• Advertisement

I agree men harass men men harass women and that should be stamped on and I say everyone here is in agreement. However you also pointed out women harass men and presumably women harass women while they are not in the same number why are they less important. When talking about harassment etc should we not talk in relation to everyone and educate everyone. Would you not agree 1 person been harrased is 2 much

Nonsense.

That's a fully factual post. Why are people disagreeing with cold, hard facts?

Rennaws wrote: »
    It's weirdly entertaining..

It is. I honestly should put them on block but I know there's a meltdown coming soon and I wanna be front row for it.

Thousands upon thousands. And you're right, there's many more women who have suffered but haven't posted their stories. Many have told them in real life. Talk to your family? Your sisters? Listen to them, the truth is shocking.

Am I not allowed to say I'm leaving? Point out one sentence where I said anything man-hating? You can only think that if you consider all men as rapists because I've only attacked them and other scumbags.
    Yeah, you are having an absolute laugh if you think I'm trawling through the several dozen (at least), over-the-top, toxic drivel posts you've posted in this thread.

Reading your posts once is more than enough, thank you.

Am I not allowed to say I'm leaving?

Why do you say it every few pages only to come back a few hours later? Is it because you're an absolute liar and can't keep your word and like making stuff up like some of the the #MeToo brigade? Is that why?

I couldn't possibly say if "the huge majority of women who've told their stories are telling the truth" because I am not privy to the intricacies of the accusations (neither are you, my dear).

I do agree "that most rapists are men but not most men are rapists". I would say that's a fair conclusion to arrive at. I would also add that the vast, vast majority of men are repulsed by the idea of rape and rapists.

Yes you could! Maybe you don't want to believe that the huge majority are telling the truth?

You'll have to be careful with the part I've bolded! You will be sure to be accused of being a man hater and a sexist loony for saying stuff like that.

You were in hysterics.

You are absolutely mental.

• Advertisement

Too easy

:D

No, no...did you not read what our feminist friend said earlier. All us MALE posters here are on the side of rapists and scumbags. You know, our pals.

No one said that.

Yes you could! Maybe you don't want to believe that the huge majority are telling the truth?

Nope. Hopefully you're never tasked with jury duty.

Talk to your family? Your sisters? Listen to them, the truth is shocking.

I have done that and posted as much here. Wasn't good enough for you. You only want the right answers. Your right answers.

I agree men harass men men harass women and that should be stamped on and I say everyone here is in agreement. However you also pointed out women harass men and presumably women harass women while they are not in the same number why are they less important. When talking about harassment etc should we not talk in relation to everyone and educate everyone. Would you not agree 1 person been harrased is 2 much

Absolutely one person being harrassed is too much. But harassers are overwhelmingly Male. Part of the problem is people dismissing metoo experiences (if they’re even believed) as random ****ty behaviour that comes from a ****ty personality that is just as likely to be found in a woman than in a man. This is false and isn’t helping address the problem. It just sweeps it under the rug.

Yea ok. I'm just going to put you on the ignore list as you are obviously a troll. I reported a few of your comments where you completely lied about what others have said but no action has been taking. All you have posted in this thread is drivel.

Well if you agree with the posts that are saying that women aren't to be believed then put me on ignore. Thanks.

• Advertisement

Right but given that the vast vast vast majority of metoo posts are made on twitter and not through this nonprofit it’s pretty safe to say that metoo has nothing to do with that nonprofit.

Now whether a random non profit tries to piggyback on metoo is completely irrelevant to the nature, goals, or general thrust of the movement.

Yeah, you are having an absolute laugh if you think I'm trawling through the several dozen (at least), over-the-top, toxic drivel posts you've posted in this thread.

Reading your posts once is more than enough, thank you.

:D Another one put back in their place.

Nope. Hopefully you're never tasked with jury duty.

Jesus imagine her in the deliberations.

''Well I believe this woman because women are abused by men all the time. We need to stand together and back this brave woman.''

''Ehm, the guy she's accusing wasn't in the country at the time.''

''OHMYGOD STOP SUPPORTING RAPISTS''

Why do you say it every few pages only to come back a few hours later? Is it because you're an absolute liar and can't keep your word and like making stuff up like some of the the #MeToo brigade? Is that why?

:D Here's the meltdown you were talking about, except you're having it!

You are absolutely mental.

Here it is again, pointing out facts makes you mental!

• Advertisement
Advertisement