Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Henry Cavill forced to apologize for #metoo comments

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭DONTMATTER

It is a fact that most men are rapists? Or it is a fact that certain feminists claim most men are rapists?

Which is it? Are you saying most men are rapists? I'm confused.

Read, it's right there. Most rapists are men. As I said, that's different than most men are rapists.

DONTMATTER wrote: »
    There's a difference between most men are rapists and most rapists are men. Learn it.

I know the difference. I am asking whether you believe most men are rapists. Simple Yes/No answer.

Omackeral wrote: »
    Ah, the ''NO, YOU ARE!'' response. Excellent. Good work. Well done.

Listen, everyone fcuking abhors rapists. Everyone. That's why the scumbags are seen as the lowest of the low. Even in the criminal world. They're worse than rats and murderers in prison. That's why they need their own individual jails. You're barking up the wrong tree if you think I'm getting offended on behalf of sex offenders. I really think you know you're losing a debate though and making a show of yourself so you're just resorting to low and shocking tactics. Sad.

Well the only people I'm attacking is rapists and sexual deviants and you seem to be getting very upset about it. Why is this?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

:D No, let's leave that to the expert. Piss right off will solve everything!

I think in a night club if a guy does not go away a not so polite go f yourself does the trick nicely I know a lot of women who it works for also knowing where your friends are so they can back you up works well after.

I know the difference. I am asking whether you believe most men are rapists. Simple Yes/No answer.

That doesn't even deserve a response!

:D Whooossssshhhhhhhh!

I certainly do not think it was an attempt at a joke by you initially just playing it off now

I think in a night club if a guy does not go away a not so polite go f yourself does the trick nicely I know a lot of women who it works for also knowing where your friends are so they can back you up works well after.

Yeah and what about if you're in a nightclub and you're groped from behind and he does a runner. Oh yeah, tell him to piss off and he won't do it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

You answered it twice though.. must have!

I certainly do not think it was an attempt at a joke by you initially just playing it off now

I was showing that poster the exact same response the metoo claims have got on this thread. Told they should go to the police, why should we believe them etc. You just didn't get it.

• Advertisement

Well the only people I'm attacking is rapists and sexual defiants and you seem to be getting very upset about it. Why is this?

You might want to edit that one. :pac:

givyjoe wrote: »
    You answered it twice though.. must have!

No, I stated it earlier in the thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

:D No, let's leave that to the expert. Piss right off will solve everything!

Ok, I'll say this again in simpler terms. You said to ask your sisters, friends etc how she's fared on nights out. Well I'm telling you that I've seen her rebuke guys that have approached her when she wasn't interested. Can you follow that? That was me responding to your request to ask women we know about their experiences.

Never did I say telling a rapist ''p*ss off'' will stop them. Much like it wouldn't to a murderer or a robber. Now, you probably won't like this but someone acting the leering creep in a bar does not a rapist make. Again, because I feel I need to categorically state this to you, that's not me defending rapists or creeps. That's me saying being a gropey dirtbag isn't the same as being an out and out rapist. I do, however, think both are scummy and wouldn't be queuing up to save their bacon if a group of people decided to kick their fcuk in.

Okay, then answer the one where you said that rape was tolerated.

You do realise that there is a theme to your posts.... this is why you're getting these kinds of questions.

You might want to edit that one. :pac:

Correcting spelling mistakes, you must be coming close to admitting defeat if you have to resort to that. :D

Key word here being perception.

• Advertisement

Well the only people I'm attacking is rapists and sexual deviants and you seem to be getting very upset about it. Why is this?

Your comprehension levels are seriously low or else you're willfully obtuse. Where have I got ''very upset'' at anyone attacking rapists or sexual deviants. Quote me on it. Go on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,404 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

This isn't directly on topic but I've no issue with the metoo movement, it's the permanently offended movement I can't stand.

You can see it coming a mile off.
    Person A says something slightly offensive about person B. Person B doesn't get offended and accepts an apology from person A. The permanently offended crowd then gather and tell person B they must take great offense at what was said. Person B says no, and gets attacked for not playing along. It's utterly stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,590 ✭✭✭LLMMLL

Sounds like you’re saying a majority of men who approach women are doing it in a disrespectful manner then.

Ok, I'll say this again in simpler terms. You said to ask your sisters, friends etc how she's fared on nights out. Well I'm telling you that I've seen her rebuke guys that have approached her when she wasn't interested. Can you follow that? That was me responding to your request to ask women we know about their experiences.

Never did I say telling a rapist ''p*ss off'' will stop them. Much like it wouldn't to a murderer or a robber. Now, you probably won't like this but someone acting the leering creep in a bar does not a rapist make. Again, because I feel I need to categorically state this to you, that's not me defending rapists or creeps. That's me saying being a gropey dirtbag isn't the same as being an out and out rapist. I do, however, think both are scummy and wouldn't be queuing up to save their bacon if a group of people decided to kick their fcuk in.

Well how would she respond if she was groped or trapped in a corner?

Saying piss off is absolutely pointless to some of these creeps. What's wrong with amending these men's behaviours instead of having women amend theirs?

Yeah and what about if you're in a nightclub and you're groped from behind and he does a runner. Oh yeah, tell him to piss off and he won't do it again.

Ah changing the goalpost now I thought we were talking about who do not take no for an answer.

In relation to those idiots you ask about in this message (as it has happened to me as women are as equally culpable of doing this) I think was a stupid drunk plus words I can't repeat here and go on enjoying my night out

• Advertisement

That's what ordinarily happens where I go to. It's a place called ''outside''.

Okay, then answer the one where you said that rape was tolerated.

You do realise that there is a theme to your posts.... this is why you're getting these kinds of questions.

No, you're getting yourself into such a sweat that you can't read what's in front of you. I've never said anything bad about ordinary men, I've said loads of bad things about rapists and other scum who happen to be men. Pretty easy to understand.

I was showing that poster the exact same response the metoo claims have got on this thread. Told they should go to the police, why should we believe them etc. You just didn't get it.

And my point still stands. If you actually want to help rape victims, and to encourage the legal system (which you believe to be flawed) to change, then you should be encouraging the metoo claimants to come forward and have their claims investigated/verified. Simply ranting on the internet isn't going to do that. Submitting to a metoo movement isn't going to do that.

It is only through submitting themselves to the Gardai and the Legal system for the prosecution of their claims, that the system will be shown as flawed. Simply claiming it is, isn't enough.

So, in spite of all your wacky posts about rape, and male behavior here, if you really wanted to help rape victims... you would be encouraging them to go to the police. (And if you say they won't be initially believed by the police, provide evidence of that... cause it just isn't true)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

Purple sandwiches make great elephants on sandpaper...

Your comprehension levels are seriously low or else you're willfully obtuse. Where have I got ''very upset'' at anyone attacking rapists or sexual deviants. Quote me on it. Go on.

Look at your posts towards me! My posts are all anti rapist and other scum, why do you have a problem with my posts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

No, you're getting yourself into such a sweat that you can't read what's in front of you. I've never said anything bad about ordinary men, I've said loads of bad things about rapists and other scum who happen to be men. Pretty easy to understand.

The only thing that is pretty easy to understand is, you just don't like men and that's it.

Correcting spelling mistakes, you must be coming close to admitting defeat if you have to resort to that. :D

Was just trying to be helpful... :rolleyes:

That's what ordinarily happens where I go to. It's a place called ''outside''.

Well I was only using a pub or nightclub as a reference but making sure you are not alone is always important and if you unfortunately are a scream works well

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    This isn't directly on topic but I've no issue with the metoo movement, it's the permanently offended movement I can't stand.

You can see it coming a mile off.
    Person A says something slightly offensive about person B. Person B doesn't get offended and accepts an apology from person A. The permanently offended crowd then gather and tell person B they must take great offense at what was said. Person B says no, and gets attacked for not playing along. It's utterly stupid.

Let's be honest, looking at this thread, it's men who are permanently offended!

Ah changing the goalpost now I thought we were talking about who do not take no for an answer.

In relation to those idiots you ask about in this message (as it has happened to me as women are as equally culpable of doing this) I think was a stupid drunk plus words I can't repeat here and go on enjoying my night out

No, I was never talking about that, I was talking about everything.

• Advertisement

Saying piss off is absolutely pointless to some of these creeps.

Seems to work for people on here and real people I know. Most of these creepy pigs are drunken chancers and a firm fcuk off usually does the trick.

As for actual rapists, castrate the cnuts. How's that?

And my point still stands. If you actually want to help rape victims, and to encourage the legal system (which you believe to be flawed) to change, then you should be encouraging the metoo claimants to come forward and have their claims investigated/verified. Simply ranting on the internet isn't going to do that. Submitting to a metoo movement isn't going to do that.

It is only through submitting themselves to the Gardai and the Legal system for the prosecution of their claims, that the system will be shown as flawed. Simply claiming it is, isn't enough.

So, in spite of all your wacky posts about rape, and male behavior here, if you really wanted to help rape victims... you would be encouraging them to go to the police. (And if you say they won't be initially believed by the police, provide evidence of that... cause it just isn't true)

I've posted this already, you really need to educate yourself about this stuff.

https://ocrsm.umd.edu/files/Why-Is-Sexual-Assault-Under-Reported.pdf

There's many reasons why rapes don't get reported and the ordeal women have to go through if they do report it is disgusting.

Look at your posts towards me! My posts are all anti rapist and other scum, why do you have a problem with my posts?

I'll ask again. Quote me on one post that show me upset at people having a go at rapists.

The only thing that is pretty easy to understand is, you just don't like men and that's it.

Why do you think all men are rapists and sexual deviants?

Seems to work for people on here and real people I know. Most of these creepy pigs are drunken chancers and a firm fcuk off usually does the trick.

As for actual rapists, castrate the cnuts. How's that?

Yes but where are rapists created, are they born that way? We need to stamp out the sleazy culture and scum like that won't be created.

I've posted this already, you really need to educate yourself about this stuff.

https://ocrsm.umd.edu/files/Why-Is-Sexual-Assault-Under-Reported.pdf

There's many reasons why rapes don't get reported and the ordeal women have to go through if they do report it is disgusting.

I suspect most of us were talking about Ireland... Hmm...

Let's be honest, looking at this thread, it's men who are permanently offended!

When it's deemed acceptable to start sentences with ''All young men need to'' you better believe some will get offended. Why does my 8 year old nephew get put in this bracket while his 9 year old female cousin doesn't?

No, I was never talking about that, I was talking about everything.

Well you have my answer to those people as I can guarantee you that that person is going home alone. He/She may think he is great in his own head he got to touch an ass but that's about it.

I'll ask again. Quote me on one post that show me upset at people having a go at rapists.

And I'll answer again. Look at your posts towards me! All I've been doing is having a go at rapists and other scum!

• Advertisement

I suspect most of us were talking about Ireland... Hmm...

Metoo is a worldwide campaign. I've told you that already.

Yes but where are rapists created, are they born that way? We need to stamp out the sleazy culture and scum like that won't be created.

sleazy culture....? Explain, with detail.

Perhaps stick to Ireland, rather than the US.

Metoo is a worldwide campaign. I've told you that already.

That's convenient. :rolleyes:

When it's deemed acceptable to start sentences with ''All young men need to'' you better believe some will get offended. Why does my 8 year old nephew get put in this bracket while his 9 year old female cousin doesn't?

If they're in a mixed school girls and boys will go to the class together! For some reason most girls don't seem to have a problem learning that rape and harassment is wrong. Unfortunately there's some men who don't know the same going by all the stories from women.

I would guess that most rapists did not become rapist because of there drunken(and most is) on night out if that was the case we would have more female rapists also

Indeed, I blame the mothers.

• Advertisement

I doubt that. Murderers and rapists have existed ever since mankind* has existed. Could be nature vs nurture. Could be wiring of predisposition. Why do people rape, why do people kill. Humans do sh*tty things, I guess. Thankfully most don't though

*and womankind

sleazy culture....? Explain, with detail.

Perhaps stick to Ireland, rather than the US.

You don't think it's the same in Ireland? None of these reasons work here?

• Fear of reprisal
    • Personal matter
    • Reported to a different official
    • Not important enough to respondent
    • Belief that the police would not do anything to help
    • Belief that the police could not do anything to help
    • Did not want to get offender in trouble with law
    • Did not want family to know
    • Did not want others to know
    • Not enough proof
    • Fear of the justice system
    • Did not know how
    • Feel the crime was not “serious enough”
    • Fear of lack of evidence
    • Unsure about perpetrator’s intent

Like I said, you really need to educate yourself about this. And the sleazy culture has been described perfectly in the metoo campaign.

And I'll answer again. Look at your posts towards me! All I've been doing is having a go at rapists and other scum!

Just one quote. You're the one making the claim, back it up or retract it. Onus is really on you, if you're debating in a fair manner that is.

That's convenient. :rolleyes:

I can't help it if you have a bad memory.

I would guess that most rapists did not become rapist because of there drunken(and most is) on night out if that was the case we would have more female rapists also

Sleazy culture is not just in pubs and clubs!

• Advertisement
Advertisement