Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Air traffic control strike Italy 21st July 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭CoisFharraige

Fantastic, thought I had dodged the Ryanair strikes, oh well! Will be an interesting one with massive delays as it’s a full 24hr nationwide stoppage.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Danielvarian1

Fantastic, thought I had dodged the Ryanair strikes, oh well! Will be an interesting one with massive delays as it’s a full 24hr nationwide stoppage.

I avoided this one, I hope it doesn’t last any longer than 24hrs as we’re due to fly to Rome on the 24th.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭CoisFharraige

Problem for me is I’m connecting in the UK with FR, so it’ll be fine to get to STN (they’ll transfer us or whatever) but then I’ll have to find a new flight to DUB, as well as an extra night in Italy with the cost of a hotel etc. I’m worried flights to DUB be pricey for the group coming back since it’ll be the day of - can’t book now as we’re unsure of the transfer flights, or if it’ll even go ahead!

Problem for me is I’m connecting in the UK with FR, so it’ll be fine to get to STN (they’ll transfer us or whatever) but then I’ll have to find a new flight to DUB, as well as an extra night in Italy with the cost of a hotel etc. I’m worried flights to DUB be pricey for the group coming back since it’ll be the day of - can’t book now as we’re unsure of the transfer flights, or if it’ll even go ahead!

I’m not too smart when it comes to aviation terms what is FR? I presume STN is standstead? I don’t think there’s any issues with British ATC at the moment is there?

We’re flying with ryanair on the 24thbut have one way tickets going to Rome with aerlingus just Incase our flight is cancelled. We will use our return flight with ryanair on the 29th if the outgoing is cancelled.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

I’m not too smart when it comes to aviation terms what is FR? I presume STN is standstead? I don’t think there’s any issues with British ATC at the moment is there?
    FR is Ryanair. Yes STN is Stansted.

I wonder if my flight to Rome from Dublin on the 24th will be affected by the 24hr strike on the 21st-22nd, maybe there will be delays of some sort????

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭faoiarvok

The 24hr ATC strike planned for July 21 has now been CANCELLED

http://flightservicebureau.org/italy-atc-strike-july/

Advertisement