Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camper conversion or manufactured?

Options
  • 13-07-2018 7:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi,

I'm just wondering how to tell if a camper is a conversion or a manufactured camper. It's a high top transit and is a camper on the log book but for insurance they ask is it a conversion or manufactured and we don't know how to tell.

There is a socket for a camper site connection on the outside of the van if that helps.

Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

My camper is an 87 VW T25, and its a manufactured camper by Autohomes.

On the VRT cert its marked as a Motor Caravan under ( D3)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Vivers2209

kadman wrote: »
    My camper is an 87 VW T25, and its a manufactured camper by Autohomes.

On the VRT cert its marked as a Motor Caravan under ( D3)

Oh that's great, so if on the log book it only has camper/motorhome then it was manufactured as one?

Vivers2209 wrote: »
    Oh that's great, so if on the log book it only has camper/motorhome then it was manufactured as one?

Does your vrt cert say " Motor Caravan" as mine does??

Scan the VRT cert and send it to Dolmen. They will soon tell you.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,459 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

If you brought a camper in from the uk for example, Is there a differentiation between conversion or out of the box new camper?

My camper came from the UK in2001, and is marked as described in the Irish VRT cert.

• Advertisement
Advertisement