Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naval service fitness test

Options
  • 13-07-2018 7:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

Hi i was wondering do i have to go to cork for my interview and fitness test or can do it in an army base near me? im living near Dublin.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭P0dr1ck

You have to go down all the way to cork to do it for the navy, thats what I was told by them, I live in Northern Ireland... so you dont have it that bad haha

• Registered Users Posts: 42 jettamk6

P0dr1ck wrote: »
    You have to go down all the way to cork to do it for the navy, thats what I was told by them, I live in Northern Ireland... so you dont have it that bad haha

are you sure i remember applying before and hearing something about being able to do your fitness test and interview in any army base that was near me it must of changed so.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭SSr0

You definitely need to present at the Naval base for the interview/fitness test.

It must have, I went to an information briefing a few months ago for the naval service which was held in Cathal Brugha barracks and they told us that you have to go all the way to Cork to do it. 
    Maybe you're thinking about the army, I know they will try and facilitate you as close to home as possible.

It must have, I went to an information briefing a few months ago for the naval service which was held in Cathal Brugha barracks and they told us that you have to go all the way to Cork to do it. 
    Maybe you're thinking about the army, I know they will try and facilitate you as close to home as possible.

All right have a room booked anyway allready me and my oul lad going down the day before was just checking so atleast I didnt waste money.

• Advertisement

what are you going to wear for the interview?

what are you going to wear for the interview?

it says suit attire in the email so i presume they mean suit?

Ye, I was just thinking of wearing a suit to be honest

Ye, I was just thinking of wearing a suit to be honest
    know anywhere that does cheap suits?

Ye I seen river island was having a sale on. Probably other places too since debs season is over but you should find one cheap

• Advertisement

Ye I seen river island was having a sale on. Probably other places too since debs season is over but you should find one cheap

sweet wish you well in the interview do you know how long they make you wait before finding out if you got in or not?

Good luck to you too man. And no I have no idea. This is my first time applying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Dr.Sanchez

Avoid it if you have any sense. Corrupt organisation run my dinosaurs... and that's not even getting into the pay. If you want a military career then I would suggest getting a plane to the UK.

Dr.Sanchez wrote: »
    Avoid it if you have any sense. Corrupt organisation run my dinosaurs... and that's not even getting into the pay. If you want a military career then I would suggest getting a plane to the UK.
    Not irish or british so can't join even if I wanted m8

Advertisement