Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Waterford still safe at night?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

The problem is he was left out on bail in the first place with so many convictions already, you only let a dog bite once, so sorry for the victims family.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,387 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

lassykk wrote:
    Execute them. Simple.

Its not really that simple, this is generally an emotional reaction, and an understandable one, but in reality not a workable one, but we still need to figure out workable alternatives to deal with these issues

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Its not really that simple, this is generally an emotional reaction, and an understandable one, but in reality not a workable one, but we still need to figure out workable alternatives to deal with these issues

I know if it were any of my kids killed like that id like to apply the death sentence myself. But yes you are correct it is purely emotionally and not workable. Unfortunately people cant help but have those kind of feelings as clearly the judical system is not handing down the punishment required.

A person who commits such a crime should be sent to jail with no chance of parole or early release for good behaviour etc. They should be left to rot in solitary confinement. Let their brains turn to mush. Let them waste away.... slowly. Let them be very aware of their own demise and do so with a constant reminder of what they have done to another human being.

Instead our judges are sending them to jail for 5 years. A place where they can be well fed, get an education if they so choose, have tv and consoles if they so wish and also keep themselves fresh by working out. That isnt a punishment, that is a slap on the wrist and most of all it is a slap in the face to the victim and his family.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,172 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

thomasm wrote: »
    Infuriating to see such a lenient sentence. Are the judges options restricted because it was a charge of manslaughter.

Relatively limited I believe as it was manslaughter and fell into the one punch kill thing which gets treated less harshly than a sustained beating for example.... no comfort to the family mind you and certainly not justice.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Advertisement