Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homeless. Short term needed urgently.

Options
  • 13-07-2018 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi, I'm hoping someone out there can help. I wouldn't be posting this here if I wasn't desperate.

Situation
    The apartment in Kildare I was living in was damaged after a fire in the apartment upstairs. My ceiling collapsed and there was considerable water damage. The apartment will not be liveable in any time soon. This happened about 2 weeks ago.
    Since then I've put almost everything in storage and have been either camping or using airbnb when I need power/internet. Family/friends isn't an option because of the dog.

Requirements
    The main stumbling block to finding somewhere else is that I have a dog. He's a very friendly Golden Retriever, gets on with all people and other dogs, and will not damage anything. I have references that will from previous landlords that will verify that. He'd never be left alone in the house.
    Other than that I work from home, so need a reliable internet connection.
    And a parking spot.

What I'm looking for
    Short term apartment / house / share, even a few weeks would help at this stage, but ideally 2-3 months.
    I'm pretty easy on location.

Me
    40 year old, male.
    I don't drink or smoke.
    I can pay deposit and rent up front for the right place.
    I have a work opportunity abroad so can't sign a long term lease.

Please DM me if you can help.

Advertisement