Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Very bad smoke outside

Options
  • 13-07-2018 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭

Raining ash and very stinky outside, assuming this is from Bray Head again. Have to say this seems to the worst in my memory here, never had ash floating about like snow before here ( Loughlinstown) or is this another fire somewhere else?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I think it's bray. Apparently they've had to suspend aerial firefighting cos of gobshítes with drones flying them over the fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Toots wrote: »
    I think it's bray. Apparently they've had to suspend aerial firefighting cos of gobshítes with drones flying them over the fire.

Talk about a thankless task, the fire fighters are the ones I feel most sorry for.
    Can't be too pleasant for the people nearer the fire downwind in Bray either.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

Supercell wrote: »
    Raining ash and very stinky outside, assuming this is from Bray Head again. Have to say this seems to the worst in my memory here, never had ash floating about like snow before here ( Loughlinstown) or is this another fire somewhere else?

It’s a massive fire.. the whole head looks to be ablaze from the Greystones side anyway.. worst I can remember seeing..

It’s on the cliff by the sea as well so there’s no access for fire crews..

Was up there at the weekend and noticed a lot of new growth.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

The air core helicopter is back at it

I can see them flying between Bray and Dun Laoghaire, any idea how they are carrying this out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

• Registered Users Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭alaimacerc

Toots wrote: »

I was slack-jawed at this. Not sure I'm more amazed at the brazen sociopathy of the people doing it, or the lack of capacity the state evidently has to deal with it.

I imagine the UK, or some other country with an actual air force, might send over a drone interceptor to deal with them if asked. But maybe we'd not be able to afford either the bill, or the subsequent ridicule.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Wtf are you on about?
    Drone interceptors aren’t a thing the closest thing to a drone interceptor is a golden egale in Denmark or Holland.
    Any other drone catchers are ground based with ranges of 50 to 100yards and aren’t proven

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

If my Bray Head is anything to go by, Paracetamol tablet sales in Bray will have gone through the roof. Its definitely the smoke causing it as it feels exactly like a dull BBQ Headache when I've inhaled too much BBQ smoke.

One of the Hottest Muggiest Days in Bray so far in this heatwave and none of us can leave any windows or Velux open. Its stifling hot indoors now.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Very hot up the road in Loughlinstown, have all the windows closed as its still smoky outside, house is very warm but don't want the kids breathing in the smoky air and the house stinky. We do have ventilation with filters though which keeps the temperature down and the air cleaner inside.
    Hope the forecast rain tomorrow turns up and helps the firefighting efforts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭alaimacerc

ganmo wrote: »
    Wtf are you on about?
    Drone interceptors aren’t a thing the closest thing to a drone interceptor is a golden egale in Denmark or Holland.
    Any other drone catchers are ground based with ranges of 50 to 100yards and aren’t proven

I'm talking about shooting them down from the air. If that weren't possible, then it'd be a massive defence hole for every country in the world.

Advertisement