If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG49UJ670V 4K Upscaling

Options
  • 13-07-2018 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,231 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I recently purchased a pair for LG TV's from you - a 49UJ670V and a 55UJ670V.

Both have been performing great.

However, I'm now trying to connect the 49" to a Mutant HD51 4K PVR.  Whilst watching the football on it I noticed that the football movement seemed to be jittery across the screen  I've been told that either the TV or the Box should be set to 2160P - and not both of them.

Do you have any recommendation on which device should be set to 4K?  My understanding is that the LG upscaling cannot be turned off - is this correct?

Thanks.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,458 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Hello,

I recently purchased a pair for LG TV's from you - a 49UJ670V and a 55UJ670V.

Both have been performing great.

However, I'm now trying to connect the 49" to a Mutant HD51 4K PVR.  Whilst watching the football on it I noticed that the football movement seemed to be jittery across the screen  I've been told that either the TV or the Box should be set to 2160P - and not both of them.

Do you have any recommendation on which device should be set to 4K?  My understanding is that the LG upscaling cannot be turned off - is this correct?

Thanks.
    Hi funkey_monkey,

I would probably set the box at a lower resolution and leave the TV as it is.

I don't really see why you'd need to adjust the box unless your broadcasts are in HD rather than 4K. If it's an HD source I would keep the box at the lower resolution but you're best just playing with both to see which displays best.

I hope you've found this information helpful.

Kind regards

David

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.