Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prickly Heat

Options
  • 13-07-2018 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭

I've developed some prickly heat on my chest. Problem is I'm getting married in a few weeks and really don't want to have a cheat full of spots for that.
    Any suggestions on how to sort it???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Lotus Flower

Oh no, that's a pain. I wonder would an antihistimine help? That's my go to for any kind of break out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭MiliMe

Oh yes well the other issue is I'm pregnant ship anti histamines are out...

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭blueberrypie

I am open to correction but I think the suncream you use needs to have both UVA and UVB proctection.
    I used to suffer from prickly heat in the past but since I ensured I had protection in the suncream I have escaped it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

MiliMe wrote: »
    I've developed some prickly heat on my chest. Problem is I'm getting married in a few weeks and really don't want to have a cheat full of spots for that.
    Any suggestions on how to sort it???

Wife uses calamine lotion for same and swears by it.

Congrats on the forthcoming nuptials!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭MiliMe

Blueberrypie: that could be my issue, it actually kicked off once I started using sun cream...

Gozunda: Will try that out. Thanks so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Minier81

Prickly heat is caused by sun exposure so the only prevention is either sun cream or cover up. If the sun cream you are using doesn't agree with you, use a light weight scarf to shield your chest in the sun. You could try a few different sun creams to rule out what if you are reacting to one but I wouldn't risk that with only a few weeks to the wedding!!

If the rash is bad you could ask your GP for a corticosteroid cream to apply, not sure if that is allowed in pregnancy though but would have thought they were ok if not too strong. Try gozunda's suggestion first of course.

Advertisement