Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Change to script viewing process this year.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭thefasteriwalk

Yes, we were told at our conference that we need to be extra vigilant in what we write on the papers as candidates can now photograph their script/data.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Isn't it related to GDPR and each script is proprty/data of person who wrote it and hence each person is entitled to a copy of their own data

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭man_no_plan

TheDriver wrote: »
    Isn't it related to GDPR and each script is proprty/data of person who wrote it and hence each person is entitled to a copy of their own data

Yes there was a case taken to Europe regarding exam scripts as personal data. As data subjects are entitled to a copy of their data they can now make their own 'copy'.

Might increase applications to view for a year or two until the novelty wears off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

TheDriver wrote: »

I think it was a student in 3rd level. They did their exams but the college refused to give results until he paid some fees or something. So he took a case and won (Dunno if they allowed him graduate though).
    That's the urban legend I heard though.

Your not entitled to scripts from psychometric testing though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭MathsManiac

I think it was a student in 3rd level. They did their exams but the college refused to give results until he paid some fees or something. So he took a case and won (Dunno if they allowed him graduate though).
    That's the urban legend I heard though.

Not quite the story. Accountancy exams. Peter Nowak. He got ticked off with the Institute of Chartered Accountants after he failed one particular exam for the fourth time, and they wouldn't give him access to his script when he requested all the personal data they had on him. The Data Protection Commisioner told him to sod off so he went to Europe about it. Here's the ECJ ruling:
    http://curia.europa.eu/juris/document/document.jsf;jsessionid=9ea7d0f130daa33f9c0d3fb748228ea2d271b97ea972.e34KaxiLc3eQc40LaxqMbN4Pb3qKe0?text=&docid=198059&pageIndex=0&doclang=EN&mode=lst&dir=&occ=first&part=1&cid=817065

• Advertisement
Advertisement