Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Dubai - Expat IT Jobs

Options
  • 14-07-2018 1:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi All,

Currently living in Ireland but looking at moving to Dubai in roughly the next 12 months. I’m 25 years old with 4 years’ experience with large multinational companies in IT Risk/Security/Analytics roles. At present I’m finding the job hunt in UAE difficult

From doing my research online, it’s looking like it’s now more difficult to land a deal to move over there. My question is, is moving to Dubai a thing of the past unless you’re a teacher etc?

I’ve heard that ideally the best way to go about it is to get your employer to send you over, but I don’t think it’s an option at present

Any pointers much appreciated, even particular recruitment companies would be a good start

Cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭jcorr

Hi All,

Currently living in Ireland but looking at moving to Dubai in roughly the next 12 months. I’m 25 years old with 4 years’ experience with large multinational companies in IT Risk/Security/Analytics roles. At present I’m finding the job hunt in UAE difficult

From doing my research online, it’s looking like it’s now more difficult to land a deal to move over there. My question is, is moving to Dubai a thing of the past unless you’re a teacher etc?

I’ve heard that ideally the best way to go about it is to get your employer to send you over, but I don’t think it’s an option at present

Any pointers much appreciated, even particular recruitment companies would be a good start

Cheers!

Probably set yourself up with a recruitment agent..it might help.

I was thinking the same thing.... there's a Meetup DevOps in Dubai.....I think it's on social media somewhere. You could join stuff like this and network and maybe even go out there with some of your annual leave to get the lay of the land....meet people

But it's tricky.... you will be competing with loads of Indians for jobs and the salary there is based on race believe it or not. So they can hire cheap Indian labour

Unless it's a focused role where they are targeting westerners (I e. Teachers) you will have an uphill struggle.pluse they don't really respect the IT profession there. It's different in Ireland. If you're a software engineer here you're a white collar job

Also you might try braingain it's a good website

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

OP I'm in a similar situation. I work in the sales/marketing area for big tech companies - looking to move. Have you looked into what salary you'd need to have a similar/better lifestyle? I may have an opportunity to move Internally - but want to look at the market there also. I'm not worried about Indians due to my line of work - but I'm just not sure there is such a need to bring people in from half way around the world when there is so much taken locally. I have a big list of recruiters contacts i can share if you want.

Can anyone comment on generally what the job market is like in Dubai?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 smileawhile55

Hi,

I'm also wondering about the above, @Zascar would you be able to share your list?
    I'm finding a hard time researching IT over in Dubai, OP did your situation change since?

Thanks,
    smileawhile55

Advertisement