Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Student allegedly caught masturbating in public facing trial

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,909 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Maybe the chap needs some professional help, will this incident help him receive that help or....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭jjpep

Thankfully we have precedence for this kind of offence. Hope he enjoys presenting on local radio....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,211 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Not really sure why it should be made public. The **** and the court case I mean.

Could be that whoever wrote the story wants to highlight what they feel is an injustice?

Student allegedly caught masturbating in public facing trial

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

Odhinn wrote: »
    So all those threads you were going on about sharia law, you were actually getting a deep seated admiration of it....gas.

Big difference between being pelted with fruit in the stocks for a weekend and losing either a few digits off your hand or your whole hand. You have to remember these lads are nt coming from a civilised society. That whole area of East africa is a joke that the whole American and British armies couldn't put discipline on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,357 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Brothers in Arms...

Lads in hands

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭thebull85

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Half of Dublin's city centre males go round with one hand down the jocks, are they all to be prosecuted?

"vigorously ransacking his dignity"

I really need to rewatch it all again.

• Advertisement

spurious wrote: »
    Half of Dublin's city centre males go round with one hand down the jocks, are they all to be prosecuted?

Must be in a part of Dublin I am not familiar with but carry on as you were........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Stanford

Red it again, only with an Irish guy and you would want him tarred and feathered and on the sexual offenders register before monday.

It might be acceptable in the Sudan/Somalia/Ethopia or some other part of Africa but it is not acceptable here.
    Send him somewhere where it is acceptable behaviour. If you are old enough to get liquor and beat one out, news flash!!! You arent a kid anymore

True, irrespective of background one should respect the laws of the country you are in

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Must be in a part of Dublin I am not familiar with but carry on as you were........

Classrooms in many cases.

No because thats not masturbation do you not see the difference? Or do you need it explained to you?

"vigorously ransacking his dignity"

I really need to rewatch it all again.

Liquid silk

thebull85 wrote: »
    No because thats not masturbation do you not see the difference? Or do you need it explained to you?

OK, hands down jocks, with movement. Do they need to whip it out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,462 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

If it goes to court his lawyer can just yell out

''erection your Honor ''

OK, hands down jocks, with movement. Do they need to whip it out?

I think you are paying to much attention to young boys crotch areas...

thebull85 wrote: »
    I think you are paying to much attention to young boys crotch areas...

Did I say young? Methinks you are the one jollying on this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Stanford

I hope they find what they are looking for........

Classrooms in many cases.

Well just give then 50 Lines. "I will not shove my digits down the front of my trousers and embarrassing myself and other teachers in front of the pupils. Frther more it is also a criminal offence and morally wrong and carries the chance of being branded a registered sex offender and a term of 6 months suspended sentence."

• Advertisement

Did I say young? Methinks you are the one jollying on this.

ohhh so its the older ones your into?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭RandomName2

Relevant section under which the lad was charged -

Source: Criminal Law (Sexual Offences) Act 2017

We criticized Dubai when they put a couple in court for having sex on the beach. We said, only a backwards, non-secular state would consider such strict punishment because it is so afraid of sexual acts. We really should be a bit better than that.

Does it still say 'buggery' in that statute? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

eviltwin wrote: »
    Stupid maybe but not disgusting and he shouldn't be shamed for it. We all do it, just not in public

Yes, but he DID IT IN PUBLIC. Would you like everyone to walk around **** all day? Would that be alright? Why stop there, lets **** on the streets in front of nuns too.

Yes, but he DID IT IN PUBLIC. Would you like everyone to walk around **** all day? Would that be alright? Why stop there, lets **** on the streets in front of nuns too.

Yes, let's

I know we're here posting about a man masturbating in public, but I'd still appreciate if we could not descend into this level of hysteria.

This style of argument never works and always makes the poster look ridiculous.

Does a tree falling in an empty forest make any sound?

Also, I thought the nuns had all f*cked off at this point.

If it's caught by the police it does, yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,211 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Is this a rhetorical question in support of the argument that the potential punishment for being caught by the Gardaí masturbating in public is too severe, or are you arguing that lads walking round with their hands down their jocks should also be charged with a criminal offence?

They can be charged with a public order offence, which doesn't require them to have exposed themselves to be charged:

Public Order Offences

If it's caught by the police it does, yes.

Okay, so we're no better than Sudan.

That's depressing for 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Big difference between being pelted with fruit in the stocks for a weekend and losing either a few digits off your hand or your whole hand. You have to remember these lads are nt coming from a civilised society. That whole area of East africa is a joke that the whole American and British armies couldn't put discipline on.

...sez the man all for bringing back medieval "justice".

kaiser wrote:
    Our country, our rules. Come here and adapt, or go elsewhere. Skin colour and a sad story is no excuse, no more than it would be acceptable if this story involved a white, Irish lad.

Nobody has said any such thing thus far.

It's illegal, a crime, against the law. Man was arrested for breaking the law.

What's the problem with this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

Most people progress beyond this binary view of the world when they are small children,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 822 ✭✭✭zetalambda

No, it was a radio presenter from Cork who took codeine, which made him pull the mickey off himself on a flight.

Loss of memory too. :D

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcShVaA_XemkH-eCwVTivwg4ZUT5Eq-Kih5OLlZyWP-Dg2Z1aYDXKQ

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRVR-SOdy3dQzuVnSi81DWl3KpaFdMRR59RYzle3BFDOviExGFe

Most people progress beyond this binary view of the world when they are small children,

Condescending, nice. Most people put a full stop at the end of a sentence when they reach the age of 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭jbt123

Stanford wrote: »
    I hope they find what they are looking for........

...in the streets with no shame..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

Condescending, nice. Most people put a full stop at the end of a sentence when they reach the age of 5.
    I was going to say something else but I decided to keep it simple.

It's a disproportionate response to what appears to be a very minor crime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,750 ✭✭✭degsie

White collar crime is also against the law, but is often overlooked.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

I’d love to see the crossover of people that say “they know the law of the land” when women are arrested for wearing a bikini in a public place in Dubai or unmarried couples staying in the same hotel room, and those who think this should have been just a caution.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

degsie wrote: »
    White collar crime is also against the law, but is often overlooked.

Thats a matter for AGS and the judiciary. In this case the Gardai did their job.

• Advertisement

Odhinn wrote: »
    ...sez the man all for bringing back medieval "justice".

We didnt need medieval justice until we started to import medieval elements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,365 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Okay, so we're no better than Sudan.

That's depressing for 2018.

Oh ffs, masturbating in public is a criminal offence,as it is in I'd say every Western country. Are you saying that not being to have a **** out on the street is an injustice and a violation of human rights on par with Sudan?

Maybe this isn't the first time he has been caught doing this and was let off with a caution? Maybe the guards or judge think he poses a risk to the public. I'd say there is a good reason why the judge recommended a harsher sentence.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭pawdee

judeboy101 wrote: »
    What would happen to an Irish chap who did that in khartoum?

He'd take on the dimensions of a large flightless bird. That is to say he'd be ostrich sized.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,750 ✭✭✭degsie

We didnt need medieval justice until we started to import medieval elements.

Prejudice much?

degsie wrote: »
    Prejudice much?

I would rather be called a bigot than be on the sex offenders register, but hey who is a guy who isnt on the sex offenders register and no criminal record to judge?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ANDREWMUFC

Shocking to see how many people are defending this dirty pervert

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭corks finest

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Maybe the chap needs some professional help, will this incident help him receive that help or....
    Needs a kick in the hole

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,909 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Needs a kick in the hole

would that actually help?

Needs a kick in the hole

Needs Visa cancelled and send back to the sandcastle competition

• Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Odhinn

We didnt need medieval justice ...............

You're saying such sex offences only are committed by foriegn nationals now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

ANDREWMUFC wrote: »
    Shocking to see how many people are defending this dirty pervert

Agreed. Would there be the same level of sympathy from the same crowd if he was a track suit wearing yob from Killinarden?

• Advertisement
Advertisement