Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bretts Hardware - CALLAN!

Options
  • 14-07-2018 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

I just heard fantastic the news that Bretts Hardware in Mullinahone, are spreading their wings! Opening a new shop in the former Heiton Buckley premises in CALLAN!

Ned Brett has had his shop in Mullinahone since the dawn of time, so this is fantastic news for Callan town and will certainly shake up the monopoly that the Co-Op store has had!

Has anybody else heard when its opening??

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,496 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Heard about this a few months back was talking to a farmer about it, not heard anything about opening.
    But then last time I passed the location there was no movement/changes so I'd say it'll be a while.

Always good to see new employment in the town though

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Phil MaCrackin

Well I was in the Co-Op the other day, and I heard chit chat at the counter about it, so I think they're worried about the competition!

Brett's will clean up I think!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,496 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Well I was in the Co-Op the other day, and I heard chit chat at the counter about it, so I think they're worried about the competition!

Brett's will clean up I think!

A new brush sweeps clean,

People will go there at first but like every new business it'll settle down after awhile.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,532 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Just heard about it. Might drop in for a gander.
    I hope the plywood is better than the shyte they sold me before.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭batman75

Was in Brett’s last Friday. Looks nice well laid out and bright. The garden area looked well done. The cafe is welcome though small. I think once the Co Op revamps their store internally they will be fine. I will be sticking with the co-op. Always find the staff there friendly and very helpful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Fred Daly

Farmers will keep going to the co op pay there account at the end of the month when the milk cheque is due. See the Co op are revamping the store you can not beat competition.

Advertisement