Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Low cost IoT 4G plan

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

I have just bought a Huawei B593 router on Ebay that will allow me to insert a data SIM and provide wifi in my holiday home (needed to control the heating and monitor an alarm). My plan is to use my own personal 3 SIM with a monthly large limit when we're there for normal usage (I have a work-phone as well) and then us a cheap prepaid SIM when we're not.

The V-sim could be an option, however what's the monthly data allowance? Otherwise, I'm planning to use a normal VF PAYG SIM with the 5 Euro monthly top-up or I could try a Lycamobile Data XS SIM with 3GB of data per 5 Euro top-up (I need to get one to test coverage, apparently Lyca are not the best).

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭scorn

Let us know how you get on with that router - looks interesting and could be a good option. If all goes well, can you PM me the seller details as I'd be interested in that too.

Advertisement