Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from after hours

Options
  • 14-07-2018 7:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,709 ✭✭✭✭

Hi

Just appealing a 2 week ban from after hours on the thread in relation to Is Israel trying to destroy palistine. I made a reply to Zebra about looking in a mirror in relation to his post where are these Jew hating lefties.
    Now it was either him or more likely Odienn formally known as Nodin and if you review any threads relating to Israel it is clear to see they hate that country and the jews that live in it. Now Ancapailldorcha the mod who handed out the ban is hardly neutral and is very left leaning and quite dismissive of anyone with a different opinion. An example is the politics cafe thread on counciller Brian Murphy. I also think it's quite ironic that me and others of similar ideas are called bigots racists or in the case of Israel zionsts. The mod suggested I was trying to shutdown the discussion which I was not but the boys who hit the report button surely are.
    Anyways i don't hold out much hope of a successful outcome but it's worth a try.
    Btw I have engaged with the mod butthey stand by the ban.
    Many thanks for reading this far.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Hi Snake Plisken - as you’ve already tried to engage with a mod, I’ll ask a CMod to review now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Hello Snake Plisken,

I will be your host.

Please share the pm where you tried to resolve with the Mod.

L

• Registered Users Posts: 12,709 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Hi Lein

I am going to forward on the pm exchange to you but on mobile so bare with me.
    Thanks

PM's received, I will review by this evening.
    Dear Snake Plisken,

You have been banned from After Hours for two weeks for being uncivil.

Typically, this means that you are posting in a needlessly aggressive or confrontational manner being disruptive on the forum or causing stress for the other members. We don't want that here.

For more information please refer to the Boards.ie FAQ.

If you wish to appeal this ban you can see details on how to do so here.

ancapailldorcha

Moderator Note

p=107517198. Accusing another user of antisemitism in an attempt to shut down discussion. Ad Hominem attacks are not welcome here.

Your post:
    Zebra3 wrote: »
    What “anti jew left”?

Looked in the mirror recently?
    Quite ironic coming from a not very nuteral most who basically is pro-migration pro-islam and called anyone supporting counceller Brian Murphy a racist! Btw based on Zebras past postings about Jews and Israel he is clearly anti-Semitic anti-jew anti-israel. You should clearly remove yourself from modding threads that you have strong opinions on rather then shutting down the conversation. Plenty of posters on here throw around the racist/Bigot on these types of threads and get away with no doubt it was either Zebra or Nodin who reported me. I shall be appealing
    Hi,

I wish you'd reported the posts rather than playing accusing Zebra3 of antisemitism.

Anyway, I am upholding the ban so feel free to appeal.

ancapailldorcha

You have not fully engaged with the mod properly here, just a load of accusations.

As I see it, you accused someone of being a racist.
    Other posts or posters are not within the scope of the DR and if you see an issue use the report.gif button and they will be dealt with.

I suggest that you accept the fact that you accused a poster of being a racist and re-engage with the mod.

• Advertisement

Hi LEIN, thanks for coming back to me. I'm not sure what more I can do in relation to engaging with the mod. I will ask him to reduce my ban to one week as I think two is a bit extreme

Putting your hand up and apologising would be a good good start.

LEIN wrote: »
    Putting your hand up and apologising would be a good good start.

Yes I have apologized, they are currently discussion the situation with another mod in relation to the length of ban.

Thanks

Hi there

This has now been resolved with the Mod. Ban has been reduced to one week and I am happy with to accept that. Therefore this can be closed and marked as resolved.

Thanks

Many thanks, always good to hear a happy ending.

Take care,

LEIN

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement