Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

It'll cost upto 170 per month to watch the premier, champions & Europa league

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

I think the problem might be that there's a thin line between what's legal and what's illegal, what's technically legal, but not morally right, and what's downright piracy.

This is a case of the mods and admins covering their rear ends just in case

Also, you've sky and virgin sponsored forums.

I think the problem might be that there's a thin line between what's legal and what's illegal, what's technically legal, but not morally right, and what's downright piracy.

This is a case of the mods and admins covering their rear ends just in case

Also, you've sky and virgin sponsored forums.

I understand that they're covering themselves but I still find it a bit mad that legal software gets removed. The vast majority of illegal streaming is done via the web browser but we don't have mods removing references to Firefox and Chrome.

There isn't really a fine line at all. Either links to illegal streams are posted or they're not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,145 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

amazed the thread got this far, how the hell do forums such as techkings get away with it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭eezipc

Putinbot wrote: »
    Mod- Thread reopened. I've deleted all posts pertaining to illegal streaming. I'm willing to leave it at that for now(It is a banable offence)*.
    Do you mean bananable?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

I understand that they're covering themselves but I still find it a bit mad that legal software gets removed. The vast majority of illegal streaming is done via the web browser but we don't have mods removing references to Firefox and Chrome.

There isn't really a fine line at all. Either links to illegal streams are posted or they're not.

I don't get it either. I mentioned DAZN, which is 100% legal and owned by Perform Group, and that got deleted. They might as well have just deleted the whole thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Anyways..... the only thing i really want to see, Feyenoord\the Dutch league, would cost me close to that 170 i guess. And that is without a guarantee i would see every single (home) match of them

Lets see....

Dublin - Amsterdam v.v €100 (book early enough and it will be cheaper but ok) x17
    Feyenoord season ticket €300
    = €2000

12 months x €170 = €2040

Yeah.... i dont feel that guilty when watching Feyenoord via a stream.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Cupatae

What a joke. Mentioning legal software is not a crime. Can't believe the moderation on here.

Qbittorrent.
    Utorrent.
    Transmission.
    Acestream.

Oh no, I'm breaking the law. Boards.ie are going to get sued because legal software was mentioned.

How dare you speak logic!! thinking like that isnt OTT or dramatic enough! gotta be seen to be the big dog

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,328 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

jester77 wrote: »
    I don't get it either. I mentioned DAZN, which is 100% legal and owned by Perform Group, and that got deleted. They might as well have just deleted the whole thread.

It is legal in your location of Germany but it is not legal in Ireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

If you pay for illegal streams; then you will be at risk of being like the owner and his customers like these based in the UK.

https://www.a516digital.com/2018/07/illegal-premier-league-streamer-jailed.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

sugarman wrote: »
    I pay €130 a year for a season ticket and actually go to games

Which League of Ireland team?

If you pay for illegal streams; then you will be at risk of being like the owner and his customers like these based in the UK.

There is more chance of winning the lotto than getting in any trouble for paying for illegal iptv.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Cool. We gonna start locking up everyone buying knock offs?

In fairness. He was up to a little more than streaming from the sounds of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Seriously?
    After making £750,000 out of an illegal streaming service, its owner and operator has been jailed for 5 years and three months.

Between March 2013 and July 2015, the operators of Evolution generated more than £750,000 through their illegal activity. The criminal activity carried out by Mr Haggerty went beyond selling access to illegal content: he had multiple passports in different names, set up an offshore ‘dummy company’ in Nevis to hide the true purpose of his business and, in collusion with his wife Ms. Gilfillan, supplied the Immigration Service with false documents to sponsor an Egyptian national who maintained the illegal streaming service for the company.

During the investigation it transpired that Mr Haggerty previously spent time in prison in the US between 2009 to 2012 following a serious fraud conviction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

The fees for this nonsense will keep rising until people stop paying them- also the added bonus of doing so is that you might start exercising yourself and not have your evenings/weekends revolve around watching some multinational grouping of millionaires from a foreign country play their equivalent.

It'll also give you more time to come onto boards

Advertisement