Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supper Ideas for a 13 Month Old

• 15-07-2018 9:56am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,006 ✭✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

Just looking for your ideas on what to give a 13 month old for her last meal before bed. At the moment we vary between these:

Egg yolk on toast with avocado on the side
    Greek yoghurt with berries
    Pancakes with no added sugar jam

There are a few others I know but it's Mam who mainly feeds her supper. Most of what I find on the web is geared towards dinner but it's supper we're struggling with for ideas.

Many thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

When you say supper, what time of day are you talking?
    Our pair would have had two "dinners" essentially at that age.One at lunchtime, one in the evening round 5:30.That one could range from a proper dinner like shepherds pie, or just egg and toast/beans and toast or something like that.They didn't eat anything after that, other than milk at bedtime.(which is between 7 & 7:30)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭2xj3hplqgsbkym

Porridge
    Weetabix
    Toast
    Scrambled eggs
    Omelette
    Beans
    Sandwich

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Cakerbaker

Hummus (can be homemade and frozen in small portions) with crackers / rice or corn cakes
    Nut butters on toast or rice /corn cakes
    Homemade beans on toast (again the beans can be frozen in portions)
    Pasta salad (cold fusilli with pesto and chopped peppers , cherry tomatoes, cucumber etc)
    Leftovers from dinner the day before.

If giving something that doesn’t have any / much veg content I’ll give some chopped cherry tomatoes, pepper and cucumber on the side (although this would depend on how much veg was already eaten that day). Frozen corn on the cob is also a handy veg to have on standby and the novelty of it seems to go down well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,006 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

shesty wrote: »
    When you say supper, what time of day are you talking?
    Our pair would have had two "dinners" essentially at that age.One at lunchtime, one in the evening round 5:30.That one could range from a proper dinner like shepherds pie, or just egg and toast/beans and toast or something like that.They didn't eat anything after that, other than milk at bedtime.(which is between 7 & 7:30)

Her last meal is at 6pm.

Thanks everyone for the ideas so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 219 ✭✭Bunnyslippers

Mine just got what ever we were having, or if too early then what was left from the night before - I keep some in a small dish or freeze a bit, so stews, omelettes, quiche, roasts, pies, homemade fish and chips is a huge hit, another favourite is baked sweet potatoe with tuna/sweet corn/avocado/cheese etc, homemade pizza chopped up, anything really, just not crackers as not much nutrition in them just fills them up with empty calories fine maybe for a snack.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

porridge and weetbix are the supper dishes in our house.
    always has been.

Advertisement