Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland - Over 30, can I get some type of WHV for Australia?

Options
  • 15-07-2018 10:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hey I'm 31 - I know I'm over the age threshold for WHV, do I have any other options for being able to work / live in Auz?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭punk_one82

BFlan87 wrote: »
    Hey I'm 31 - I know I'm over the age threshold for WHV, do I have any other options for being able to work / live in Auz?

If you meet the eligibility requirements you could apply for a 189/190 permanent residency visa or if you can find a company to sponsor you you could get whatever visa replaced the 457. As for temporary working holiday visa, no I don't think so but someone else may know different.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Elfman

There has been a new law passed in Aus to extend the working holidays to 35 but it's not in effect yet so keep an eye on it.
    https://www.immigrationgurus.com.au/working-holiday-age-increased-35/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

It isn't a law thats passed. It's a change to the visa requirements that hasn't been confirmed yet. AFAIK it needs to be reciprocated first. It was first floated July 2017 I think and the age restriction still hasn't changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Pete is absolutely correct, legislation hasn’t changed. There was a review in 2017 that Australia are considering upping age limit but it depends on reciprocating countries doing the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Neon_Lights

What I'd do if I were you is get a tourist visa, do the holiday bit first and then try and get some working visa if you like it subsequently

• Advertisement
Advertisement