Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free VPN Today

Options
  • 15-07-2018 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭

Monster pro VPN free today on Google play, normally e19.99 spotted on HUKD
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Monster pro VPN free today on Google play, normally e19.99 spotted on HUKD

How about a link, it's not showing up for me on a search

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭WIZWEB

How about a link, it's not showing up for me on a search

VPN Monster Pro on Playstore

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭AS1890

• Registered Users Posts: 8,258 ✭✭✭jh79

Clueless on these things, works for shudder.com so have the US library now but would it be safe to use for amazon prime video?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,118 ✭✭✭homer911

Any idea how to turn it off?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,004 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

jh79 wrote:
    Clueless on these things, works for shudder.com so have the US library now but would it be safe to use for amazon prime video?

I don't know about this one but a lot of the cheaper vpn won't get prime video usa or netflix USA. Express vpn definitely does. getflix dns will get it too & it's not expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

Sleeper12 wrote:
    I don't know about this one but a lot of the cheaper vpn won't get prime video usa or netflix USA. Express vpn definitely does. getflix dns will get it too & it's not expensive

Netflix USA doesn't work. Bah

Sleeper12 wrote: »

Could it take your password from prime video use on the main Amazon site?

rawn wrote:
    Netflix USA doesn't work. Bah

It's working for me now on getflix dns
    jh79 wrote:

If you only pay for prime video then you can't get prime delivery as its not full prime membership. If you pay for prime video & use the app you can view prime video on the site

Sorry not explaining myself properly, never used a VPN before today.

I have full Amazon Prime, my worry is that the VPN app might be able to see my amazon username and password.

• Advertisement

jh79 wrote:
    I have full Amazon Prime, my worry is that the VPN app might be able to see my amazon username and password.

VPN makes it more secure. A lot of security companies suggest using a vpn all the time not just for American netflix. Don't ask me how but some vpns can improve on slow connections too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

VPN makes it more secure. A lot of security companies suggest using a vpn all the time not just for American netflix. Don't ask me how but some vpns can improve on slow connections too

The same is true of any of these VPN or smart DNS services. You should only set them on a device you use for media, not set them to be used at all times or network wide. Definitely make sure you have some sort of 2 factor authentication on your accounts

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

When you can't work out what the product is, you are the product. Free VPN = Data Slurping.

It doesnt really, its mostly a fallacy. The only case where a VPN helps really is when your DNS might be poisoned such as cafe/hotel/train wifi.

So if i log into amazon prime video with this some guy in russia won't be able to get my password from the app and start ordering stuff on my amazon account?

jh79 wrote:
    So if i log into amazon prime video with this some guy in russia won't be able to get my password from the app and start ordering stuff on my amazon account?

Try logging in to amazon from a different country. It won't let you. It will email you a code you have to enter when trying to log in from an unusual place

Try logging in to amazon from a different country. It won't let you. It will email you a code you have to enter when trying to log in from an unusual place

Oh yeah forgot about that, happens to me in work. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭corks finest

jh79 wrote: »

Security review isn't great

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Lando Griffins OTHER HALF

Nordvpn is great

Advertisement