Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kia Sorento

Options
  • 15-07-2018 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭

My wife has a Citroen C4 Grand Picasso for over 5 years now and its time for a change, unfortunately for my wallet she has fallen for the 7 seater Kia Sorento. She loves the looks, interior build quality and is amazed by the rear seat legroom esp as our kids are hitting the teenage years.

Questions

1. Does any one here have the newer models (2015 and up) and what do they think of them ?
    2. What’s reliability and running costs like?
    3. If I buy new what discount can i expect of the list price ?
    4. If I buy secondhand, what issues should I look out for ?

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,062 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

The new Hyundai Santa Fe is worth a look too. Might be a bit more expensive but as its new its more advanced.
    Me personally I prefer the old model Sante Fe. Ithink it looks better both inside and outside. But looks are subjective. You could try get one of the last runout models maybe get a great deal on it.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭foobar

AMKC wrote: »
    The new Hyundai Santa Fe is worth a look too.

Will do. Any idea how the leg room in the 3rd row compares to the Sorento?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,062 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

foobar wrote: »
    Will do. Any idea how the leg room in the 3rd row compares to the Sorento?

I would say it is the best in its class now as it is the newest car in that class and is based on a new platform.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

foobar wrote: »

1. Does any one here have the newer models (2015 and up) and what do they think of them ?
    2. What’s reliability and running costs like?..........

I have one for a few thousand miles.
    Delighted with it, does 40mpg for me, 25% motorway, 60% national roads and the rest short trips.
    The mpg on the motorway would be about 36mpg, you'd see mid 40s on an 50/60mph spin on a national road.

Great car, the AWD system is brilliant, makes the car feel nimble enough all considered, it is the length and width of a Landcruiser but has a tidy turning circle etc.

I'm hopeful regarding reliability. Services are every 20k kms although some claim 30k kms is fine.

Service is approx €189 for the minor one and €289 for the major (every 2nd service)

Mine is on 19" wheels, ride is great but tyres at that size might be expensive although Kia use Nexan as OE which aren't expensive.

With the warranty you'd imagine you are covered for the likes of valvetrain issues so no timing chain probs to worry about if the services are done on time etc.

Brake discs and pads etc aside there's not much else that should be an out of pocket expense, I know a few folk with Kia cars and they reckon the warranty covered anything else but they are non car folk so I don't think they actually had issues.

New Santa Fe didn't rock my boat and would have been a stretch in the €s dept.

Advertisement