Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Maps not as up to date on Mac

Options
  • 15-07-2018 8:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭

Is there a reason why the imagery on Google Maps on Macs isn't as up to date as it is in iOS or on internet explorer on a PC?

I use a PC at work and was checking out a possible holiday spot and the mapping has some new buildings and water park shown. However when I looked again at home on my Mac (in both Safari and Chrome) the image shown is from a few years previously when the site was under construction. I checked on my iPhone and that shows the latest mapping too. The Google Earth app is out of date too.

EDIT - Scrap that. Just read that if you disable the 3D, you can get the up to date mapping. Apparently they use different databases for their 2D and 3D imagery and the 2D one is more up to date (in this location anyway).

Advertisement