Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking near Elm Park Merrion Road

Options
  • 15-07-2018 8:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭

Hi guys starting work in the office complex there and looking for cheapest parking nearby.As the role ain’t the biggest of bucks.Im coming from the Knocklyon Road and the bus options for me aren’t the best as I’ll have to head in to town and head out again.Pretty much the same deal for me if I was to drive to my mothers in Crumlin bus wise so driving seems the only option.

Anybody who works in the area have any recommendations or sneaky routes to save time in the morning.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,438 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

The Dublin City council map says that everywhere on the Merrion Road south of St. Vincents hospital is zone orange which is €1 per hour. Possible free alternatives could be unmarked (no white rectangles) parking spaces in Trimelston/Woodbine. And there is pay and display parking in the grounds of the church with the round tower at the start of the Rock Road, not sure how much they charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭EricPraline

coylemj wrote: »
    The Dublin City council map says that everywhere on the Merrion Road south of St. Vincents hospital is zone orange which is €1 per hour. Possible free alternatives could be unmarked (no white rectangles) parking spaces in Trimelston/Woodbine. And there is pay and display parking in the grounds of the church with the round tower at the start of the Rock Road, not sure how much they charge.
    The entire area between Trimleston and Stillorgan Road is now Pay and Display, both marked and unmarked spaces. The same applies to other roads off the Rock Road near the Dart station, like St Helens Road. So there really aren't any free options on the Dun Laoghaire Rathdown Council side there either.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,438 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

The entire area between Trimleston and Stillorgan Road is now Pay and Display, both marked and unmarked spaces.

+1 that network of roads (Woodbine & Trimelston) is listed on the DLR parking directory and the max. parking tme is three hours so clearly not suitable for the OP.

http://www.dlrcoco.ie/en/travel-transport/parking/council-pay-and-display-parking-areas-dun-laoghaire-rathdown-county-council
    The same applies to other roads off the Rock Road near the Dart station, like St Helens Road. So there really aren't any free options on the Dun Laoghaire Rathdown Council side there either.

Too far from the OP's new place of work but there's quite a few free spaces on Carysfort Ave. outside the Smurfit College. About 10 minutes walk to the Dart.

https://goo.gl/maps/51yiT95GPky

Advertisement