Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from AH permanently for answering question.

Options
  • 15-07-2018 11:02pm
    Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭

I got banned from AH permanently for answering the question of the OP, 'Are you Transphobic?'

My answer was as follows:

"I consider transgenders to have a mental illness. At least homosexuals can accept their own gender. Both are evolutionary failures though, genetic dead ends."

'Putinbot' was the mod that banned. I feel this mod is using his/her position to enforce their world view and shut down dissenting opinions.

Can someone explain how this warrants a permanent ban?

This thread was open for several hours, before I posted in it. Surely it should have been removed by then if it was in breach of rules? I feel this is unfair, as I simply replied to the OP.

I've been using boards for nearly 10 years. In that time I've seen increasing over-moderation gradually ruin this forum.

Reddit in comparison has seen huge uptake in Irish users, partly due to the superior moderation system.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

The first step in the DR process is to engage with the banning mod in an attempt to resolve the matter. Have you attempted to do this yet?

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

dudara wrote: »
    The first step in the DR process is to engage with the banning mod in an attempt to resolve the matter. Have you attempted to do this yet?

Yes, this was the mod's reply:

"My personal opinion on any matter is exactly that, personal. I'm not getting in to a debate with you about it. You are banned. I'm not lifting it. Go to DRP and let the Cmods/admins decide if i was right or wrong. I'll not be replying anymore. "

The mod admits that their own personal view influenced the decision. I don't see how I can be banned for simply engaging with the thread topic.

You are misinterpreting what the mod said. They stated that their views are personal, i.e. not for sharing. I don’t know how you have managed to interpret that in the way that you have.

As the mod has said they will engage no further, the next step is to ask a CMod to review. I’ll ask them to review now.

dudara wrote: »
    You are misinterpreting what the mod said. They stated that their views are personal, i.e. not for sharing. I don’t know how you have managed to interpret that in the way that you have.

How can the mod give a permanent ban, without giving a reasonable explanation?

• Advertisement

That is Reddit, this is Boards. As the names suggest, they are different sites with different rules. The CMod will review your appeal based on Boards rules.

Don't you think Boards should actually take into account what the world's most popular forum is doing if it wants to stay relevant?

Since you’re persisting in arguing, I have reviewed your post and your prior history.

Your post was abysmal and your opinions are not welcome on Boards. Please find yourself permabanbed with immediate effect. I’m sure you’ll find a home for your opinions elsewhere.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement