Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tips for Leaving Cert business

Options
  • 15-07-2018 11:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Could anyone give me some tips on how to answer questions on the business exam e.g when to give examples, what format to use (bullet points/essays?), how long to spend on each section etc... and the layout of the exam. Really need the advice since I'm doing business as an extra subject with no help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 kittychan

Business is like Biology when it comes to the amount of content required to learn. Which means it is theory based. The biggest difference is the amount of this theory required to write in the actual paper which is more than biology.

So my biggest tip is to keep on top of your theory.
    Study a chapter and then REVISE x 3!
    Keep the facts refresh in your mind. Keep on visiting them. Don't let things pile up.

when to give examples, Try to give an example for every point if you can. A good format is -state a point -expand it - give an example.
    But remember only give relevant examples. No need to throw an example if it doesn't relate to the point at all. A lot of examples can be based on common sense and reading business news will help you have good precise examples.

what format to use (bullet points/essays?) Definitely, bullet points all the way. It's not ENGLISH! Give concrete and precise points and don't waffle.
    how long to spend on each section okay this will be different for everyone so the best thing to do is see the recommended time for each section and then actually try to do a question under time questions to figure out YOUR own time.
    I am a fast writer and even then I would finish the business exam with only 10 mins to spare and no extra question attempted. So time management is a good skill for every exam especially business so work on it.

etc... and the layout of the exam.
    go to the examinations website and look at past papers to figure out the layout

Advertisement