Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Passat aircon warranty problem

• 16-07-2018 3:08am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭

I've a 161 passat. It was a late reg so it's just over 2 years old. I've owned for 18 months bought from local dealer.

In the first bout of hot weather, I noticed that air con was gone. I rang vw local dealer as it's under the three year manufacturers warranty. They took it in straight away and the checked it over. Sure enough gas gone. So they rang me when car was in the workshop. Re gas €120. Not a warranty issue. Needless to say I was a bit annoyed such a new car needed regas. I've had a corolla and a golf that needed regassing after 6-7 years. But I wanted aircon. They assured me they did a "leak test" as part of re gas. I had been reading that if you don't use aircon much, a recharge after 2 years is likely on a few forums, so I accepted and I ponies up. At the same time I booked it in for service that was falling due end of June.

All was good for about 2 weeks. Definitely noticed it not being as effective after that, until eventually no more cold air at all after about 4 weeks. It went through the service and some coolant piping was seeping so it had to go in for another day at start of July and they'd look at aircon this day as well. Apparently they only do servicing when servicing...

Anyway in I go for third day in 3 months. This time they tell me theres a problem with the air con radiator. There's a lead time on the part so it'll be end of July. I talk to lady on desk about getting my 120 back for re gas. I firm no, but she did explain who I need to escalate to. So I've to take that call tomorrow.

I know re charge are wear and tear. However I feel the first leak test was not through enough - it's unlikely or/and unlucky the leaky radiator developed after the regas. So my view is it's a warranty issue and I want my 120 back. What are my chances? How far will I have to take it?

Also it's a pity I'm visiting the garage so often!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,040 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

I got my car regased at an independent and he did the check for leaking. Next week I was blowing hot air again and went back to the air con place. He put it back on the tester and all the gas was gone. He had a look and I had a massive hole in the air con rad. So the test they did was the same test that everyone else does for a air con not working the 1st time it's tried in warm weather.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭rn

Did u have any comeback or is it a case that hole appeared after regas?

Did we both get crap tests done?

Advertisement