Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP!!! First time pregnancy

Options
  • 16-07-2018 7:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hello. I am new to this and am desperate for some advice/feedback.

I am 28 years old and am 5 weeks pregnant (today). It's my first pregnancy. Doctor confirmed pregnancy last week (as did about 10 home tests that I did).

The problem is that I have no symptoms yet and I am afraid that something is wrong.

I had slight cramping for a couple of days last weeks, that's it.

I also missed my period last week (was due last Monday), but I have no physical symptoms of pregnancy. I am so scared something is wrong.

Is this normal? Is there something wrong? Could the doctor and all of those tests have been wrong?

This baby is much wanted...

Please help :(

Alice

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭scarepanda

It's completely normal, so try not worry!

I found out at 6 weeks that I was expecting my first and my one and only symptom was that I felt a bit off, I can't even explain it. I got a couple other symptoms, but very mild, over the next couple of weeks, but then suddenly I felt perfect at 8/9 weeks. I'd no tiredness at all in the first trimester, but it hit me hard between 13-17 weeks!

Every pregnancy is different, some have all the normal, expected symptoms while other have none.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Movies and tv have women expecting that they are going to be puking all day every day in their first trimester but a lot of women are lucky and have no symptoms including me. I’m currently holding my 6 month old in my arms. Relax and enjoy feeling good!

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Totally normal. :)

I had no noticeable symptoms in early pregnancy at all. First real symptom was movement at 19 weeks. I have a healthy primary school age child now.

For your own peace of mind you can get a private scan from about 7 weeks.

Something like only 14% of women actually get morning sickness. A larger proportion get nausea but no actual vomiting and a lot of women report no nausea or sickness at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

I was well into my second trimester before I realised I was pregnant last time around. I hadn’t one single symptom! I’ve got three kiddos, and I never had any of the typical early pregnancy symptoms you normally hear of. Try to relax and enjoy it!

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭smaoifs

Congratulations! My advice would be to search the Pregnancy forum here for the month you're due. I found it so helpful in the early days of my pregnancy and even now that are our babies are almost 18 months it's a great source of advice and reassurance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

Don't stress, you're only 5 weeks gone! I am on my second pregnancy, and the first trimester in both was bloody awful.... but symptoms didn't start until around 6 weeks. At 5 weeks I hadn't had a single symptom on either. In another week or two, you may be looking back at this week longingly!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 MommaSarah

I've been pregnant twice and I was so lucky I had no symptoms whatsoever...... except for one day in the second pregnancy, at around 12 weeks, when the smells were really annoying me and I did feel like I was going to vomit, but eventually I didn't. So at least I got a glimpse of what other women are going through when they feel nauseous for the whole 1st trimester......

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Watergirl4

I did get the nausea but for me it didn't start until about 7 weeks and used to come and go until 8-9 weeks when I had it all day. At 5 weeks, I had lots of aching

It sounds normal

Best of luck

Advertisement