Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First time pregnancy!!!! Help!!!!

Options
  • 16-07-2018 7:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hello. I am new to this and am desperate for some advice/feedback.

I am 28 years old and am 5 weeks pregnant (today). It's my first pregnancy. Doctor confirmed pregnancy last week (as did about 10 home tests that I did).

The problem is that I have no symptoms yet and I am afraid that something is wrong.

I had slight cramping for a couple of days last weeks, that's it.

I also missed my period last week (was due last Monday), but I have no physical symptoms of pregnancy. I am so scared something is wrong.

Is this normal? Is there something wrong? Could the doctor and all of those tests have been wrong?

This baby is much wanted...

Please help :(

Alice

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

It is very normal. I had a bit of cramping around the 12 week mark (womb stetching) and then hip and pelvis pain from about 8 months on. Other than feeling my baby moving, I didn't feel pregnant like others do- I had no nausea, no cravings, I was hormonal but sure that is normal enough! Try not to worry x

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Daisy 55

I didn't either!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 oal22

Completely normal. Some people get period type cramps in the first few weeks, others get nothing. I'm currently 16 weeks and my first trimester symptoms are gone so of course now I'm paranoid :)
    This isn't my first pregnancy (far from it!!!) And all I can tell you is the worry and paranoia is normal. Every pregnancy is completely different and your still in the early days so enjoy the lack of symptoms so far ...in the next week or two you could be hovering over the loo.
    Congratulations and stay off Google.

Advertisement