Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fixing the time displayed on electronic meter

Options
  • 16-07-2018 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭

Hey all,

My electricity got cut off yesterday for 1.5 hours. When I checked the meter today it was showing the time incorrect (almost 1.5 hours less than actual time). It's day&night meter, so incorrect time messes the rate switch.

Is there a way that I can correct the time on the meter? (by resetting it etc) or is the only option calling an electrician or asking my landlord to arrange it?

Here is what meter looks like

desktop_0000_electronic-meter

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

bonjurkes wrote: »
    Hey all,

My electricity got cut off yesterday for 1.5 hours. When I checked the meter today it was showing the time incorrect (almost 1.5 hours less than actual time). It's day&night meter, so incorrect time messes the rate switch.

Is there a way that I can correct the time on the meter? (by resetting it etc) or is the only option calling an electrician or asking my landlord to arrange it?

Here is what meter looks like

desktop_0000_electronic-meter

You'll need to call ESB networks. 1850372999. As it wasn't your fault and it's their meter you shouldn't have to pay a call out charge. They'll reimburse you too any overcharging

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭bonjurkes

One more question, my night storage heater used to turn on automatically after 11 o'clock (night storage part), it has 2 cables connected to wall with 2 separate switch. Switch for convection heating works fine, I press the switch and switch light turns on and work. But the other switch (for night storage) the light of the switch doesn't turn on. I thought it's because of messed up time for digital electric meter, but even night rate kicks in at 01:20 at night (instead of midnight) that switch acts dead.

Can it be related because it's like July now or is it some other issue? I am still waiting for my landlord to call some ESB technician but should I tell him about this problem also? Or is it expected because time of the year or related with the digital electric meter issue?

Advertisement