Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best place to sell camera?

• 16-07-2018 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi all,
    I’m looking for advice please. I have a Canon EOS 400D that I am looking to sell. It has barely been used and it’s not likely to get any more use. I have two lenses, a bag and all the bits and bobs. I don’t have a clue as to what it’s worth (any ideas please) or where to sell it.
    I thought of bringing it to a camera shop as part exchange but don’t know if ships do that kind of thing or if I’d be robbed or would I be better selling on DoneDeal or adverts etc.
    Thanks in advance,
    Cathal.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,356 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

there are some shops which would give you trade in on it; conns would be one of the shops with the biggest stock of S/H gear; i don't know how much they'd give you, but it won't be very much. the 400D is a 12 year old design.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Cathalu

Thanks, I’m not really looking to make money of it, more just to get rid of it and not feel like I’ve been robbed. I know it’s old now so not expecting much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Have a look on adverts for similar and place at price the rest are selling for or under if you want a quick sale. Be open to offers and be prepared to wait a few weeks. Not many other options unless you want to trade. CEX will give you a credit note for it or cash at lower value...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Selling for €65 - €130 which tbh is way too much. If you get an offer of €70 take it.

Advertisement