Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camping canisters along kerry way?

Options
  • 16-07-2018 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭

I am going next week to walk the Kerry way. Does anyone know if i can get a canister for my camping stove somewhere around waterville or sneem?
    I presume i can because its very touristy but i dont see any specific camping shops in these areas?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Bicky wrote: »
    I am going next week to walk the Kerry way. Does anyone know if i can get a canister for my camping stove somewhere around waterville or sneem?
    I presume i can because its very touristy but i dont see any specific camping shops in these areas?

If you can get to Tralee you could try Landers up in Mileheight (near Manor shopping centre). I don’t know what would be in Killarney. I’m sure someone can recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    If you can get to Tralee you could try Landers up in Mileheight (near Manor shopping centre). I don’t know what would be in Killarney. I’m sure someone can recommend.

For Killarney I'd say maybe the Army Surplus shop up stairs in the outlet center. There also is (was maybe? It's been a while) a hiking/outdoors shop down stairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭invicta

If it’s the same canister used in blow torches, then any hardware or builders providers stock them.
    (i.e. screw it in until the needle pierced the cannister)

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭JonathonS

Calorgas distribute Camping Gaz, and have a website showing their stockists. However I would phone the outlets to confirm they do stock the pierceable canisters.

http://www.gokerry.ie/osullivans-outdoor-store/

It's Killarney though. Not sure about Waterville or Sneem but the tourist offices should be able to suggest shops that you could ring?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

oeb wrote: »
    For Killarney I'd say maybe the Army Surplus shop up stairs in the outlet center. There also is (was maybe? It's been a while) a hiking/outdoors shop down stairs.

Its still there

Too late for this thread but was in Wave Crest caravan park.last weekend outside Caherdaniel and the tourist shop part has has the very small gas canisters.

Advertisement