Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to buy eReader as a gift- which one?

Options
  • 16-07-2018 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭

Hi.

I want to buy an eReader as a gift, and based on research I've done I'd settled on the Kindle Paperwhite. However the person I'm buying for likes to borrow eBooks from their local library, and based on what has been said in a number of threads on boards, my understanding is that they will not be able to view library eBooks on kindle.

The reason I'm posting this new topic is that all of the threads I found discussing this are quite old (in terms of speed at which technology moves) so I'm just checking what the latest information is:
    • Is it possible to view eBooks on Kindle Paperwhite?
    • If not, what eReader would people recommend that will allow eBooks borrowed from a public library in Ireland to be viewed?

Thanks for any advice offered.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭troyzer

It depends on the library and the format they have ebooks in.

My kindle paperwhite was able to handle ebooks from my university library, which is the last time I borrowed an ebook. So yes, it is possible.

Having said that, there can sometimes be formatting issues with graphs and tables. Fine for novels though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Don't think ebooks from my local library (Cork city) work with Kindle. I can get them via an app on tablet or phone but they are epub.

Advertisement