Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 147th Open Championship

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Seen it with the likes of Koepka and Rahm today, thinking they can take on this golf course, even in these benign conditions. Rahm just knocked one OOB. Far too aggressive. I'd take the likes of a steady eddie Zack Johnson over those big power guys any day.

Dont think we'll see Sandy again, what a way to go with a birdie on 18 at Carnoustie! When he played in his first Open, Fred Daly and Bobby Locke were in the field. Some journey.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,957 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Langer would be some man at 60 odd to make the cut.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Dont think we'll see Sandy again, what a way to go with a birdie on 18 at Carnoustie! When he played in his first Open, Fred Daly and Bobby Locke were in the field. Some journey.

Yes indeed. Shame that Lyle is the only one of the late 70s to mid 90s European golden generation of himself, Seve, Faldo, Langer and Woosnam who never got a crack at the Ryder Cup captaincy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,760 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Great moment. What a gent he is too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Rahm to go on tilt?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Shane Lowry has dropped one and looks like he won't make the weekend now. Paul Dunne is flirting with danger on -2 with two to go.

Yes indeed. Shame that Lyle is the only one of the late 70s to mid 90s European golden generation of himself, Seve, Faldo, Langer and Woosnam who never got a crack at the Ryder Cup captaincy.

Supposedly it was his walk off during the 2008 Open at Birkdale that cost him the captaincy. Either way, it was a shocking omission and rather a shame on those that allowed it to happen.

razorblunt wrote: »
    Rahm to go on tilt?

Four shots gone in two holes. I would think it`s highly likely.

Make that six shots in three holes. At this rate he won`t make the cut.

Seen it with the likes of Koepka and Rahm today, thinking they can take on this golf course, even in these benign conditions. Rahm just knocked one OOB. Far too aggressive. I'd take the likes of a steady eddie Zack Johnson over those big power guys any day.
    Rahm is having a mare. Pushed his drive right on the 9th and looked like he was going to snap his dirver in half and someone in the gallery calls out: "you need it". :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,784 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Four shots gone in two holes. I would think it`s highly likely.

Mercury rising now.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,350 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

There we go, Rahm at it again

Good news is that Paul Dunne has made it to the weekend. Bad news is Shane Lowry is gong home.

prawnsambo wrote: »
    Good news is that Paul Dunne has made it to the weekend. Bad news is Shane Lowry is gong home.

Not unexpected sadly.

Not unexpected sadly.
    Starting to look as if John Rahm will be joining him. Six shots dropped in three holes. :eek:

Some 3 from Spieth there. Kind of thing that could set a guy off a run and conditions perfect out there.

Some 3 from Spieth there. Kind of thing that could set a guy off a run and conditions perfect out there.
    He's playing army golf off the tee though. :)

Kisner is in Jean van de Veld country. Zach Johnson will be smiling.

He's playing army golf off the tee though. :)

Army golf! Havent heard that in a while :) Not much future in that in fairness, seems to be getting decent lies though, maybe he'll claim he was just plotting his way around the golf course ;)

Finau should really be leading this had loads of good chances

• Advertisement

Spieth can't seem to hit a fairway off the tee no matter what weapon he's wielding. Can't seem to miss a putt though. :)

Edit: Cut has moved out to +3.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Why do all the players refer to themselves as 'we' when they're being interviewed, such as "we hit a bad tee-shot on 6...". Is it like the royal 'we' that Queen Victoria was famous for?
    Jordan Speith was the first I heard doing this a few years back; now they're all at it.
    I don't know why this irritates me, but it does.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,161 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Roger_007 wrote: »
    Why do all the players refer to themselves as 'we' when they're being interviewed, such as "we hit a bad tee-shot on 6...". Is it like the royal 'we' that Queen Victoria was famous for?
    Jordan Speith was the first I heard doing this a few years back; now they're all at it.

The see it as a team of themselves and their caddy.

No different than in football when a player says "we scored", only one of them scored.

Me and my caddy. :)

Is the we not about decisions they made ie the player and the caddy if is about shots its probably just carried over from that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Course finally caught up with Speith

• Registered Users Posts: 14,616 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

So disappointed in Rose - surprised..

Hasn’t clicked at all over the 2 days

Pogue eile wrote: »
    Course finally caught up with Speith
    He missed the 16th by about another par 3. biggrin.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

He missed the 16th by about another par 3. biggrin.png